All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.

Re: lower quality sound when connecting to focusrite scarlet

Postby JustPianoGuy » 17 Dec 2015, 19:18

Ednord wrote:Hi, glad you've raised this because I have exactly the same problem with my Focusrite unit :) Could someone simplify what the solution is for me? What do you mean by linking the channels and how is this done?
Thanks! :)
Ed

I have a focusrite unit too. When you connect the Nord's outputs to the interface you should see something like this

By pressing the linking button you should then see something like this.

The blue button (linked channels) simply sets the same volume for both channels and pans one to hard left and the other one to hard left, to avoid losing the stereo image.
Last edited by JustPianoGuy on 17 Dec 2015, 19:23, edited 3 times in total.
JustPianoGuy

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Sponsor

Postby jonilikeskeys » 04 Mar 2017, 13:24

Hey guys,
just reading this.. I have a Scarlett 2i4 (1st Gen) and so far it is really good for recording. Now I'm trying a 6i6 (2nd Gen) to be able to connect my Stage 2 into Input (LINE) 3+4 and Lead A1 to the Front (also LINE) (1+2).
Thing is: I can't get my headphones to be as loud and clear on any Scarlett as when being connected directly to the Nord. No variation between Volume of Nord, Gain of the Scarlett or Headphone Volume gets it without any clipping. Also set to stereo of course.. since this is the issue of this threat.
I'm really a bit annoyed because I'd really love to have the sound of my Mac and the two Nord on one Headphone.. loud and clear of course.
Has anyone any experience or tips about this?
Have a great weekend everybody!
Last edited by jonilikeskeys on 04 Mar 2017, 13:25, edited 1 time in total.
jonilikeskeys

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Previous

Return to Accessories and Amplification