KB Split settings for MIDI use

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
ReadyPlayerOne
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

KB Split settings for MIDI use

Post by ReadyPlayerOne »

I am fairly new to the 5D, and I can't seem to set the KB Split Point (as mentioned on p. 15 of the user manual) so that the setting is "MIDI Upper Rcv". I'm trying to use my keyboard to access the sounds within Logic (on my laptop), so I have to get the MIDI settings in order first. But when I press the "keyboard split" button under the display screen and hold it, it says "Turn Dial to Set" the split point, and yet turning either the "lower/upper" dial or the "list/value" dial with the other hand does nothing. If I *don't* hold the button down, I can't even get to the "keyboard split" section. Any advice? It just can't be this difficult.....
Thanks!! :sad:
tentoes09

Re: KB Split settings for MIDI use

Post by tentoes09 »

in the shift->midi menu you need to set "channel upper split" to the midi channel of your choosing
only need to do that part once, it keeps that setting after shutdown and boot up

Then when you hold down the KB Split button you should be able to turn the knob all the way to the right to "upper receive"
the knob used is the Prog/Menu (also List/Value) knob

However, I'm not sure this will help you trigger sounds on your computer using the upper half of your split. As far as I can tell the global midi option in that midi menu is the one you want, but I dont know how you could fandangle it to only output midi from one side of the split and not the other.
Last edited by tentoes09 on 11 Dec 2015, 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author tentoes09 for the post:
ReadyPlayerOne
ReadyPlayerOne

Post by ReadyPlayerOne »

A belated thanks.... I thought I'd get notified of responses but I didn't, so I didn't realize 'til now that anyone had responded to me. Now I'm not sure why I thought I needed to do any of the above! I'm accessing Logic's sounds fine now.
ChuckB
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Post by ChuckB »

Thanks!! Not clear in the manual!