Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Set list again

Postby Lee Batchelor » 21 Feb 2017, 21:56

Hi team,

Can you sort the Set List into alphabetical order in the Sound Manager and have it show in the Nord Set List? For example, suppose I have these three songs in the Sound Manager:

1 - Bye Bye Blues
2 - All of Me
3 - Crazy

When I click the Name header, I get:
2 - All of Me
1 - Bye Bye Blues
3 - Crazy

The songs re-arrange alphabetically but the song numbers are still attached to the same song and the Nord doesn't change. I've heard of people being able to display songs alphabetically in the Nord from the Sound Manager. Please don't tell me we have to do this manually for 50 songs??!!! That's 1980s thinking! What am I missing? Many thanks.
Lee Batchelor

Set list again

Sponsor

Re: Set list again

Postby venro » 22 Feb 2017, 12:22

The setlist in the Nord is not sorted that way. How would you be able to restore it? Now you can use the A-Z list for random rehearsel while maintaining the setlist order for performances.
venro

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby Lee Batchelor » 22 Feb 2017, 16:34

Good point, Venro. I agree that it is handy for practicing. In fact, I sort the songs alphabetically in the Sound Manager for easy access. I guess my point is, we should be able to sort either the Number column or the Name column. The changes should be reflected immediately in the Nord. When practice is over and just before shutdown, you could re-sort the Number column so the set list is ready for the show. However, we should have the option of displaying our songs in the Nord alphabetically via the Sound Manager, without the hassles of dragging 50 tunes to their correct spots.
Lee Batchelor

Postby OrpheusNY » 22 Feb 2017, 18:07

Unless you are storing set lists for three or more bands on your E5, or are playing Sprinsteenesque 3.5 hour sets, there seems to be ample set list memory to have one of each, alphabetical and performance order.

The author OrpheusNY was thanked by:
Lee Batchelor
OrpheusNY

Postby Lee Batchelor » 22 Feb 2017, 22:38

True, Orpheus (LOL). I just think it strange that you can't click the Name header in the Sound Manager and not have the changes reflected immediately in the Nord. That feature is VERY basic operating system functionality. In all my Yamaha keyboards, I've always been able to enter song names by themselves where they are listed alphabetically. If I want the numbers I can insert them where I want. I wish we had this feature on the Nord. Your idea of creating two set lists works, but I still need to manually sort the songs alphabetically in the second list (I think) :).
Lee Batchelor

Postby venro » 23 Feb 2017, 11:58

You can sort the setlist(s) by clicking the header in Sound manager and then double clicking a song will program the Nord accordingly and show up in the display, without disturbing the playing/setlist order of the Nord.

The author venro was thanked by:
Lee Batchelor
venro

Postby Lee Batchelor » 23 Feb 2017, 17:37

Thanks Venro. Didn't know about the double-click thing. Perhaps in a future versions, Nord will provide an upgrade to the Sound Manager where sort by Name is also reflected in the Nord - not just the Number field.
Lee Batchelor

Return to Nord Electro Forum