Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Re: Updates A1 & L4

Postby Muied Lumens » 18 Feb 2017, 23:41

The Nord Lead 1 (and 2, which used parts of the same code) had a "hidden" notch filter via a shift function where all three filter LED's lit up. It was quite a useful filter for me. It was not mentioned in the press release at the time, nor the manual. It was considered an Easter Egg along with Pelle's Mode. Things like that seems unlikely to happen nowadays.
Muied Lumens

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4

Sponsor

Postby Muied Lumens » 19 Feb 2017, 03:00

OK fair enough AdamStage2, maybe I am misremembering.
Muied Lumens

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4

Postby Spider » 19 Feb 2017, 20:49

Gustavo wrote:I believe we could see more updates, but those would be mostly bug fixes rather than upgrades. I personally don't think Nord has ever added an important feature via an update. Most updates have been slight improvements at most.

Actually the LeadA1 and especially the Lead 4 benefited from very substantial upgrades, that introduced wholly new features (more polyphony on the A1, lots of improvements and new features on the 4) and even required a minor update on the front panel (the multi focus feature that was added to the 4, by pressing shift+keyb tracking)

But I suspect most of those updates were planned in advance, that is they released a kind of "beta" OS, and later brought the features to their full potential.
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby derrellpiper » 19 Feb 2017, 21:11

Yes, Spider, that's very consistent with current software releases; the first one's essentially the last beta that sort of kinda works and then there's a mandatory update that follows pretty shortly. Apple does the same thing with OS X and iOS.
Linnstrument, Pro 3 SE, Tempest, Prophet 10 & 12, Synclavier Regen, Cirklon 2, Torso T-1, Max/Ableton/Push 3, Kawai MP11SE, Pioneer Pro XDJ-XZ.
derrellpiper

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3

Previous

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum