Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Re: ND2 and effect pedals

Postby jooga1972 » 24 Jul 2015, 17:46

Here's 15 seconds of how the ND2 may sound with a Strymon Dig delay and a custom-made overdrive/booster.

https://instagram.com/p/5hjjrdgKdK/

The author jooga1972 was thanked by:
wartaler
jooga1972

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Sponsor

Postby jooga1972 » 24 Aug 2015, 23:25

The temptation was too high so I just had to invest in another fx pedal and bought a Red Panda Particle granular delay/pitch shifter. In a nutshell: this is a frickin awesome piece of gear with a very, I mean very-very deep modulation potential. Not your everyday delay stompbox in that it cannot really do what those can do, but can do way different and wild things. I am blown away, period. I love this pedal so much already that I sacrificed the ND's stereo output on the altar of mono out as the Particle accepts a single input only and has a mono out as well. Just recorded a few minutes of improvisation with this wonder box and another fantastic pedal, the Strymon Dig double delay. I uploaded it on our band's SoundCloud with no other account handy at the moment, hope you do not consider this some shameless self promo, as this is not that. Just showing off how far one can get with the on its own amazing ND2 if some great fx pedals are involved in the game is all. :) Details of this 6 min. long 'set' are up in the track description.

https://soundcloud.com/adorioffice/gear-test-nr1-nord-drum-2-with-red-panda-particle-and-strymon-dig-fx-pedals
Last edited by jooga1972 on 24 Aug 2015, 23:28, edited 2 times in total.
jooga1972

Postby rhombus » 27 Aug 2015, 00:06

jooga1972, that sounds great :)
rhombus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Modular
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Postby jooga1972 » 27 Aug 2015, 10:35

rhombus wrote:jooga1972, that sounds great :)

Thanks, glad you like it! :) (of course the great sound is owing a lot more to the gear used than my skills... :)
jooga1972

Postby jooga1972 » 25 Sep 2015, 19:39

Just picked up two custom fx pedals built by my favourite local boutique stompbox-sculptor, EWR Pedals. One of them is a pretty complex mod delay, the other one is and LFO Fuzz based on the schematics of the Ugly Face, a definitely crazy fuzz box. On this track I hooked up the delay with the Moog Sub Phatty, while the LFO fuzz joined other three fx pedals already in use with the Nord Drum 2, which was driven by the stellar Patterning app running on my iPad Mini 2. The sounds of the Nord and Patterning are present in the mix. More details in the track decription.

https://soundcloud.com/joogasvault/gear ... e-lfo-fuzz

P.S. My next EWR custom pedal is already in the making. This one will be a one-of-a-kind ringmod/lofi reverb combo with the ring mod's schematics largely based on that of the awesome Fairfield Cricuitry Randy's Revenge ringmod box. Can't wait to hook it up with the Nord Drum.)
jooga1972

Postby jooga1972 » 29 Oct 2015, 11:53

A couple of days ago I picked up the custom-built EWR 'Horde of the Rings' ringmod/reverb and did a little testflight last night.

https://soundcloud.com/joogasvault/granny-rings-twice

The author jooga1972 was thanked by:
wartaler
jooga1972

Postby jooga1972 » 23 Dec 2015, 22:38

Picked up my newest instrument today, a custom-built drone generator/filter box. It can process ext. audio as well so I of course hooked it up with the Nord Drum 2. I am blown away. Here's a demo with two tracks, one of the features the Nord Drum 2, the other one is pure old drone.

https://soundcloud.com/joogasvault/sets ... r-box-demo
jooga1972

Postby jooga1972 » 30 Aug 2016, 10:17

Borrowed a friend's Hexe Revolver II microlooper/stutter/glitcher pedal for a couple of weeks, tried it last night with the ND2. It's weird & amazing. Improvised this kinda dark-electro thing last night.
Gear: Nord Drum 2 with EWR filter box & 2 osc drone generator + Hexe Revolver + Red Panda Particle + Strymon Dig.I used one of the stock kits in bank 1, can't remember which one though.
Also starring was the EWR ZUUG Drone Station thru the Strymon Big Sky.

Last edited by jooga1972 on 30 Aug 2016, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
jooga1972

Postby jooga1972 » 19 Sep 2016, 11:54

Here's another track with the ND2 and a bunch of fx pedals. This time I used a ring mod on the kick (panned hard left with the other 5 voices panned right) and owing the very long decay I set (stock kit P1.4 modified here and there) the result is pretty drony which I happen to like. Also starring were in the Nord-mix: EWR drone generator/filterbox, Red Panda Particle, Strymon Dig, Hexe Revolver. And there's the Mopho x4 synth with the Strymon Big Sky + the microGranny sampler with a simple analog delay + the Hexe Melusine lo-fi vinyl sim/filterbox.
This is long and definitely not an easy listen but maybe some of you'll find some likeable moments in there.

jooga1972

Postby ballener0 » 18 Feb 2017, 20:17

Hi guys,

I've been using my ND2 through a Boss DD20 giga delay and a Hotone Verb, with no noise at all and quite happy with the results.

However, I just got a Waldorf 2-pole analog filter and it seems to get A LOT of noise from the ND2. I don't understand because I've tried it with many other instruments I have around and none seems to generate any noise - I've tried every element on the pedal chain on its own ando I'm pretty sure the problem is being originated in the Nord Drum 2 unit.

Anyone experiencing such noise problems with the ND2?
ballener0

Previous

Return to Nord Drum Forum