Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Trigger Rotary without Pedal?

Postby skydogg » 07 Feb 2017, 18:17

greenonion wrote:
skydogg wrote:I got the halfmoon switch from Ashby solutions http://music.ashbysolutions.com/moon.htm Saturday morning, just in time for a gig that evening. It's a little taller than I expected so mounting it in the traditional spot (the front side, perpendicular to the keybed) was awkward. It seemed like the switch would be in the way. I ended up using the velcro strips to mount it on the left end wood plate. This worked great. It's really liberating to not have to search for the button and to be able to feel where your setting is without looking.

Thnx for this info. But in the picture of their website it seems like it should fit nicely when mounted in usual position: http://music.ashbysolutions.com/GHM_mounted.jpg. My OrganicSound halfmoon switch is in about the same position as in said photo and I find it quite handy and non-obstructive.

What the picture doesn't show very well is that the switch enclosure will extend about 3/4" below the bottom of the keyboard, which may lead to issues with the stand. Also, the actual switch is up there at the same height as the keys. This may (or may not be in the way). It just seemed to me like it could be in the way. These things might not bother someone else. I have found it to be very comfortable mounted on the end cap. Cheers!
skydogg

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Sponsor

Postby getintune » 14 Feb 2017, 22:43

Fender guitar pick up switch in a plastic bx. £5.
getintune

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby skydogg » 15 Feb 2017, 23:33

getintune wrote:Fender guitar pick up switch in a plastic bx. £5.

I'll take two, please.
skydogg

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum