This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Nord sound manager, use without Nord

Postby idude » 15 Feb 2017, 11:04

hai

I am a newbie here. Love the Nord stage 2 ex! I have a question with regard to the use of the sound manager. I want to be able to sort en manage my sounds while I am on the road, and do not have my Nord connected. Is that possible? I find it a bit strange that you can download sounds from the internet to your harddisk and save a library from the Nord to your harddisk but cannot organize a library without the Nord connected. Is there a work-around, or am I missing something? thank in advance for your help!
idude

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Nord sound manager, use without Nord

Sponsor

Re: Nord sound manager, use without Nord

Postby Spider » 15 Feb 2017, 11:23

Unfortunately there are no workarounds. The Sound Manager isn't really a stand-alone application, it's only a way to access more easily the Nord's sound and program banks. So it only works when connected to a Nord keyboard, no way to use it offline.
Spider

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Re: Nord sound manager, use without Nord

Postby Gambold » 15 Feb 2017, 19:27

Best future solution would be a bluetooth connection to the keyboard, with Sound Manager running on an iDevice or Android.

I don't have the sense that Nord is going to move in that direction any time soon. Adding bluetooth would be a significant redesign, and we've already discussed/argued about the lack of SM on anything but the Windows or Mac operating systems.

But given the larger storage space in the newer models, this functionality is less necessary. Just load everything you want on there! And I for one would rather see Nord invest in providing even more storage space than attempting wireless connections to tablets.
Gambold

Return to General Nord Forum