Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Nord electro 4d sustain problems.

Postby Peech » 01 Mar 2014, 02:58

Has anyone had issue where the inout was faulty on Electro 4?
I have Electro 4 HP and sustain control is completely gone. I've not had issues with sustain at all since I purchased a few months ago.
I've bought another pedal, the pedal works when using rotary.
Any other suggestions outside of possible defect with the keyboard? Thanks in advance
Peech

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Sponsor

Postby pablomastodon » 02 Mar 2014, 09:22

Hi Peech,

This is a very curious situation and a first for me of this kind of report, but I will be pleased to delve further into the matter if you will be so kind as to contact me at my work email address or phone number:

Bless,

Pablo Mastodon
Nord Technical Support USA/Canada
pablo.mastodon@AmericanMusicandSound.com
(800) 994-4984 x3030 USA
(800) 431-2609 x3030 Canada
Last edited by pablomastodon on 09 Feb 2016, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby PScooter63 » 03 Mar 2014, 22:16

Let me just add to the list of recommended pedals, the Roland DP-10. It has a swing-out rubber heel rest that prevents the pedal from "walking" away from you. That's a godsend for live performance. The build quality is very, very good.

Although it has a TRS connection, no worries - it has an onboard switch that allows it to function as a TS, too. I've been using it with my 4HD since Day 1.

(rb4u1 mentioned the Kurzweil pedals earlier. They used to be manufactured for Kurzweil by Fatar.)
PScooter63

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby Peech » 07 Mar 2014, 22:04

Thanks - I ended up getting a replacement/new Electro 4 HP sent to me and the new keyboard is working just fine for the sustain again.
Seems to be a defect in the input jack for the sustain input in my opinion, but I'll let the technical gurus figure that out once they get the keyboard shipped to them.
Peech

Postby bellamckendree » 11 Feb 2017, 13:21

I wonder if you can help me. So basically I'm having major issues with my Nord Pedal. I have a Nord Electro 4 HP keyboard.

When I first bought it 2.5 years ago for I had to turn the keyboard off and on to get the pedal to work. (The polarity in the system menu is set to closed so that when i press the pedal down it sustains the notes) This was a pain especially when i was on stage and suddenly had to turn it off and on.

Then 6 months ago it started acting strangely. It would randomly blur the notes or not work at all. Recently this happened at a gig which was terrible!

I have plugged the pedal in and out. Tried turning it on whilst pedal depressed. Someone suggested holding down a note as i turned on the keyboard which did work to some extent. if i hold down pedal it sustains and vice versa but it is also blurring the notes randomly, elongating random notes and it does not immediately respond when i lift off my foot, the notes keep ringing. Other times it doesn't sustain at all and sometimes when I don't depress the pedal it sustains the notes anyway..

So I'm incredibly frustrated. My guarantee's run out. Do you think the problem is with my pedal? I have tried 3 other pedals. The Yamaha FC5 worked at a gig and then failed at home. But perhaps if i try what i did before 'holding down a note whilst turning the keyboard on' it would work. Or would you recommend the M-Audio Pedal? I tried a Roland Pedal at a gig and it worked fine in sound check and then when i went to sing my first song it didn't sustain anything..

Ideally i need it to work as soon as i turn the keyboard on. As when I'm playing live its a massive problem if i have to turn keyboard off and on again on stage and its unprofessional.

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Thanks
Bella
bellamckendree

Postby Mr_-G- » 11 Feb 2017, 13:59

Please do not duplicate postings, you already asked this in this thread and 2 responses were posted there.
post81269.html#p81269

The NS2 tries to autodetect the pedal type, not sure about eh NE4, but I suggest not pressing the pedal when you boot the instrument.

Do you have a tester? The 2 connectors (tip and shield) should be normally closed (they close the circuit when the pedal is not pressed) and when you press the pedal, the circuit opens).
You can test this and move the cable around to see if the status changes. If it does, you need to replace the cable.

Without a tester is more difficult. Can you test the pedal in another instrument?

Are you absolutely sure you are connecting the pedal in the "sustain pedal" input (I did this a few times).

Was the FC5 new or known to be working?

Does the fault happen with all sounds or only piano sounds? Which notes keep ringing? The upper part of the piano samples always keep ringing, like when you play a real piano (they have no damper).

Have you updated the OS? (there were a couple of sustain pedal problems, but they do not sound like yours).

What setting you have in the System Menu 5, Sustain Pedal Polarity? Is should be CL
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum