Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Substitution and re-link

Postby GrantH » 03 Feb 2017, 17:35

Hi. I have an electro 5d can anyone please explain the difference between substitute and re-link when downloading from the site please. The manual seems to be unclear and doesn't mention the work re-link at all! As I understand it the current manual-(pages I downloaded) says if you want to keep your other programs intact but just replace a sample-simply select the sample you want to substitute from the tab list and click substitute- which I want to do and which seems easy. Done that, but when you get there the dialogue box that greets you says if you replace this sample it will relink it to all other programs using this sample which seems contradictory- or am I going mad? Just need some help on here if poss from some better users than me to explain this "substitute" and the function of the relink.
Thanks so much
GrantH

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Substitution and re-link

Sponsor

Re: Substitution and re-link

Postby Frantz » 03 Feb 2017, 23:49

Hi,
I use "substitute" to replace a sample with another that I can chose on my hard disk.
As a consequence, all the programs that were using that sample will be relinked to this new sample I have chosen.
F.
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.

The author Frantz was thanked by 2 members, including:
GrantHpablomastodon
Frantz
Patch Creator

Re: Substitution and re-link

Postby GrantH » 04 Feb 2017, 15:43

Thanks Frantz- exactly what I'm experiencing. If you have free banks and programs- can you get the sample to download into these? Still can't get to grips with this re-link though-I mean how is that different to substitution? If you substitute a sample for one on your machine/hard disc and it relinks it to all other programs using this sample- what does relink mean when you are asked? Can't find this at all.
GrantH

Return to Nord Electro Forum