This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Substitution and re-link

Postby GrantH » 03 Feb 2017, 14:43

Hi. I have an electro 5d can anyone please explain the difference between substitute and re-link when downloading from the site please. The manual seems to be unclear and doesn't mention the work re-link at all! As I understand it the current manual-(pages I downloaded) says if you want to keep your other programs intact but just replace a sample-simply select the sample you want to substitute from the tab list and click substitute- which I want to do and which seems easy. Done that, but when you get there the dialogue box that greets you says if you replace this sample it will relink it to all other programs using this sample which seems contradictory- or am I going mad? Just need some help on here if poss from some better users than me to explain this "substitute" and the function of the relink.
Thanks so much
GrantH

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Substitution and re-link

Sponsor

Re: Substitution and re-link

Postby OrpheusNY » 03 Feb 2017, 18:55

I believe this is correct:

Substitute= import new sample A in place of an existing sample B in the keyboard, and put Sample A in all the programs that use sample B.

Re-link= the same thing, but with a sample already loaded into memory. For instance, if you have both Royal Grand and Italian Grand in your piano memory, and one day you decide you want all your Italian Grand programs to use Royal Grand instead. You would relink those programs to Royal Grand.

The author OrpheusNY was thanked by 2 members, including:
mi-jipablomastodon
OrpheusNY

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to General Nord Forum