Keys clicking loudly

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
nord4dog
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Keys clicking loudly

Post by nord4dog »

The other night I was playng a quiet, soft piano sample and I heard a clicking sound. I was surpised that some of the keys made a clicking sound on the way up from being depressed. I can hear the clicking on some of the keys unless I'm playing loud or have my headphones on.

Anybody else notice these clicking sounds?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Last edited by nord4dog on 23 Jan 2017, 11:48, edited 2 times in total.
fernandomagoo

Re: Keys clicking loudly

Post by fernandomagoo »

I had this same problem 3 years ago. The key G4 started clicking and as the time passed, it became louder and louder. I sent it to warranty services (2nd time, first one was the USB that stopped working). It took 2 months to get repaired. Now, 3 years after, I have 3 keys with the same problem (B3, G4 again, B4). I've set the key dynamics to 3, as it is the most soft so I dont have to press the key hard to get the highest velovities. I need to get it repaired again, but it will take months and its hard to play with other keyboards with plastic pianos for so long. I guess I dont have any other option, just waiting for the right time
These users thanked the author fernandomagoo for the post (total 2):
PeterViuf, nord4dog
nord4dog
Patch Creator

Re: Keys clicking loudly

Post by nord4dog »

Last edited by nord4dog on 31 Mar 2017, 23:41, edited 4 times in total.