General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

2-split, same instrument

Postby BruceV » 11 Jan 2017, 08:36

Apologies in advance, I know that there have been posts already on this, generally the responses have been RTFM. But I've read the manual from cover to cover more than once, and tried every suggestion without success until I'm exhausted. Would really appreciate some help...

Query is simple, how to create a 2-split of 2 different synths, or pianos. It's the only stopper I've found, everything else has gone swimmingly.
BruceV

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

2-split, same instrument

Sponsor

Re: 2-split, same instrument

Postby pablomastodon » 11 Jan 2017, 09:09

There are two slots, A and B, each with a single organ, piano, synth, external section and f/x section. A single program will always consist of the entire contents of each of those two slots, whether they are engaged or ON or not. Thus, a program can contain a max of 2 organs, 2 pianos, 2 synths, etc.

Start with Slot A only lit and set up one of your two synths. Switch to Slot B and set up the other of your two synths. Then, while pressing and holding Slot B button, tap Slot A button. You will see that both are now lit, A blinking, B solid. The blinking LED indicates which slot is PANEL-ACTIVE. Manipulating front panel knobs/buttons will have the effect of editing the blinking slot's parameters.

Your two synths are now layered. Engage the 2-zone mode by hitting the button under KBD ZONES which sez 2. Assign individual voices to desired side of the split point by using the KBD ZONE SELECT button in that respective section. Either press and hold SHIFT first to accomplish this, or double-tap the button to do the same thing.

Set split point location by pressing and holding SHIFT button and tapping SET LO SPLIT repeatedly as desired.

Some may prefer to set split point and slots to zones before setting up synth in respective locations. Doesn't really matter which sequence this occurs in.

STORE YOUR NEW PROGRAM!

Bless, Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun

The author pablomastodon was thanked by:
BruceV
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Re: 2-split, same instrument

Postby BruceV » 11 Jan 2017, 14:12

Thanks so much Pablomastodon! I'd hit the thanks button 100 times if it worked like that,

Nord, if you read this, your Stage 2 manual could do with a bit of clarification in this area.
BruceV

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord Stage Forum