We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our site. Cookies are files stored in your browser and are used by most websites to help personalise your web experience. If you "ACCEPT" setting, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Accept
Share and download User samples (*.nsmp or *.nwiproj and sample files) created for the Nord Wave, Nord Electro 3/4, Nord Stage 2, and the new Nord Piano 2.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

FIX YOU [Intro] organ sample?

Postby SingerNick » 29 Jan 2014, 00:23

I found some stage 2 presets but couldn't find a sample yet... Even a link to another thread would be appreciated!

I don't know very much about clonewheels but I assume that "Fix You" by Coldplay is pretty much a B3 with most of the drawbars closed.

Thanks in advance!
Nord Piano 2, Roland RD-64
SingerNick

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

FIX YOU [Intro] organ sample?

Sponsor

Re: FIX YOU [Intro] organ sample?

Postby tyler8wb » 18 May 2014, 18:05

Anyone? This would be really sick and pretty easy to sample

The author tyler8wb was thanked by:
SingerNick
tyler8wb

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby spradders » 21 May 2014, 09:54

Hi, I just play it on a B3 setting with left-hand on a bass pedal sound, and right-hand with lowest three drawbars pulled out, not too high on the keyboard. Then pull out a bunch more drawbars as the verse builds into the Ab piece. Add a bit of distortion to it.
spradders
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby SingerNick » 22 May 2014, 09:14

spradders wrote:Hi, I just play it on a B3 setting with left-hand on a bass pedal sound, and right-hand with lowest three drawbars pulled out, not too high on the keyboard. Then pull out a bunch more drawbars as the verse builds into the Ab piece. Add a bit of distortion to it.

Nice, yeah this process makes sense. I am actually look for a sample though, compatible with the Nord Piano. There is a thick "drawbars out" B3 sample that someone (graciously) uploaded, but I'm hoping that eventually there will be a good sample for the somber intro sound.
SingerNick

Postby SingerNick » 09 Jan 2017, 15:54

Seeing as the desolate landscape of organ samples remains underwhelming, I wanted to add that this synth sample can get the job done. The percussion/attack seems to be the closest thing sonically I can find.
Attachments
Model Organ_PowerSynths_BR 2.0.nsmp
(1.6 MiB) Downloaded 119 times
SingerNick

Postby Johannes » 09 Jan 2017, 18:37

Hi,
I see your point. Probably something around the 888000000 would do the trick. Sampling it using e.g. an Electro, Stage, or even any VST Instrument (you own or free) could work.
I once created a somewhat brighter (but not full) sound, I believe 88843 or so, you can download here: nord-user-samples-nsmp-samples-f14/looking-for-a-basic-set-of-hammond-organ-sounds-t4590-10.html#p29274
Might also work.
Best

The author Johannes was thanked by:
SingerNick
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp samples)