Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: which piano sample used more?

Postby themixtape » 05 Mar 2016, 00:06

EDIT:

For me, an indie/ambient/folk type (favorite bands: Azure Ray, Ida, Copeland, Daughter, Ingrid Michaelson, etc)... I think the Black Upright is my favorite (used to be Queen Upright). That, Studio Grand 2, Rain and Blue Swede are the ones, I think. The Grand Upright is also incredibly impressive, and a perfect mix of an upright sound with grand clarity.

I don't use most of the Grands as much... Lady D is really nice but I keep going back to the Studio Grand, Imperial or Velvet... also the Bright Grand is perfect for live use. The Uprights though... man... they're definitely it.

I do a lot of home studio stuff, and all those pianos sound great through a crappy set of Behringer MS16s, or a decent 2.1 computer speaker set with subwoofer... I never use EQ... they all sound great without it (recorded, or through a pair of JBL EON612's).
Last edited by themixtape on 27 Dec 2016, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.chriscaulder.net
http://patreon.com/chriscaulder
-------------------------------------------------------
themixtape

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby themixtape » 27 Dec 2016, 21:37

What do you guys think of the newest pianos? Royal Grand, Italian, Bambino, etc?
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.chriscaulder.net
http://patreon.com/chriscaulder
-------------------------------------------------------
themixtape

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby mal7896 » 09 Jan 2017, 05:30

Royal Grand is the pick of them IMO. More character and transparency. Plays beautifully on my NP3
Next are Italian,Velvet and Grand Upright
Yamaha C3X Silent, Nord Piano 3, Hammond SK1, 2x QSC10's
mal7896

Postby maurus » 09 Jan 2017, 08:43

The new Royal Grand is nice, and the Italian and Silver are great too. But I keep coming back to the Bösendorfer Imperial (in L version as I find this a bit smoother than XL), this is still my favourite for solo piano. (With others, this is an entirely different story, and depends a lot on amplification.)
maurus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby hernan1304 » 15 Jan 2017, 04:02

Grand Imperial is my favorite. XL, with String Res and Room reverb at 5. The Fazzioli is too 'happy' for me, don't know how else to describe it. Sometimes Silver Grand for something like Billy Joel (more of a 'stage' sound). I don't use the EQ settings, and listen through either Ultrasone Pro 900 headphones or JBL LSR 305 monitors.
hernan1304

Postby OG3playsnord » 16 Jan 2017, 17:32

I wasn't sure I would like this new Royal Grand since it was sampled differently from the others using what appears to be a HATS system with dual mic, but WOW the S6 sounds fantastic!

Definitely sounds better than my CP1's S6, and more expressive. I think this is my favorite piano now. I use the Studio2 (C7) and LadyD often in my playing. I am not much of a Fazioli fan as I don't like piano's that have sort of a banjo sound in the mid-range. Long time ago when I tried those synthentic modeled virtual piano's from Synthopia(? was it?) I hated the sound.
OG3playsnord

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Previous

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum