Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Loose plastic bit inside new 5d

Postby skydogg » 06 Jan 2017, 22:38

Hi-
I just received a new Electro 5D 61 yesterday. Setting it up for rehearsal, I noticed a rattle inside. Some overhead shaking it around revealed a loose piece of white plastic was inside. It's just big enough that it won't fall through the grills of the bottom. Is there an easy way to open her up just enough to remove this chunk? Should I be concerned where this chunk came from? It looks to me like it might be a piece of zip-tie. Maybe.

Thanks,
Jeff
skydogg

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Loose plastic bit inside new 5d

Sponsor

Re: Loose plastic bit inside new 5d

Postby pablomastodon » 07 Jan 2017, 03:35

Hi Jeff,

What you found looked like this:

broken bit 1.jpg
broken bit 1.jpg (1006.88 KiB) Viewed 986 times

broken bit 2.jpg
broken bit 2.jpg (982.59 KiB) Viewed 986 times

This is a latching pin which has broken away from a key. Personally, I've never been able to discern any difference in playing feel between keys which are missing this piece or not. Depending upon where you are located, whether or not there is a service solution local to you, and how crucial potential down time is to your current musical needs, you may or may not wish to have this broken key replaced. In every instance of this I have encountered, the customer has agreed that it is impossible to detect which is the broken key simply by playing touch. That said, it is a new instrument and you are entitled to have it be 100%. You are invited to contact me at my regular work contacts to take care of this as a warranty issue if you like.

Bless, Pablo
Nord Tech Support Canada/USA
pablo.mastodon@americanmusicandsound.com
800-994-4984 x3030
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby Arjan P » 08 Jan 2017, 02:11

I had the same thing after getting my Electro 3 new from the shop. And like Pablo said, I couldn't tell the difference between any of the 61 keys, so I left it at that..
Arjan P

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby skydogg » 11 Jan 2017, 03:05

Yup, that's it alright. Thanks for the info and the quick reply. I will do a thorough check of the keys but I haven't noticed anything yet and I doubt I will. Is getting it out just as simple as removing the three screws (if I recall) from one of the end wood caps and tilting it up till it falls out?

thanks again
Jeff
skydogg

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby pablomastodon » 11 Jan 2017, 05:16

no, the end cap will not come off with removal of three screws,,,please give me a call if you want to talk about it

bless, pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Electro Forum