Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Factory sounds

Postby Al_DeKlein » 06 Jan 2017, 03:28

Pablo: I didn't realize deleting from the NSM would immediately delete the program on the NE5D... I assumed there was a buffer that needed a bulk upload to overwrite the keyboard memory.

Quai: Since the NE5D is replacing my B3 clone, I don't need the piano sounds (opposite of you with the Stage & C2). What I found looking at the memory, is the factory programs have the sample memory stuffed to the gills (no room to audition other samples without deleting current ones to make space). Considering I don't play LH bass, don't need any DX EPs, don't need world, GM or ambient layers/splits/programs, that allows me to clear out a lot of sample audition memory.
Last edited by Al_DeKlein on 06 Jan 2017, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.
Al_DeKlein

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby Quai34 » 07 Jan 2017, 10:50

Ok understood, fair enough
Sincerely
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby DanLong » 09 Jan 2017, 20:31

The 1st thing I did was clean out the things I know I'll never need and loaded up what I wanted. I have 3 XL pianos (Velvet, Silver, and Royal) and the stereo electric grand , 2 uprights (black and grand), several of the Rhodes, a Wurlie and clav. For samples I deleted a lot of the bass and guitar sounds and loaded up a bunch of the old string synth stuff.

With the PX5- you might find triggering the acoustic pianos of the Nord from the PX will be nice, as the Nord piano sounds are a lot better than the Casio's is (to me). I'm doing the same thing, triggering my electro from my Roland FA08 for all the pianos and EP's.
DanLong

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby Al_DeKlein » 10 Jan 2017, 05:44

I'm with ya Dan, I cleaned out pretty much the same as you did. I only did XL on the Royal (Silver/Velvet I did L), as well as keeping the Saloon & Honky Tonk. Surprisingly, I did keep the Romantic in addition the Black/Grand uprights. Two Rhodes (Nefertiti/???), Wurli, Electric Grand and Clav... still have 132MB to spare. All of the pianos are mainly for a 1-keyboard situation, as I'm OK with the PX5S pianos for most live gigs. I did delete about 75 of the original 200 favtory programs, first, before deleting/swapping samples.

Still not sure what I'm doing on the sample synth... clearing out the unused/redundant samples (guitars, basses, pianos & organs) didn't open up as much space as I thought... I'm being a little cautious on deleting synth samples, as I already had to bring the DX7IIC samlje back in to come up with this sound.
Last edited by Al_DeKlein on 13 Jan 2017, 03:37, edited 3 times in total.
Al_DeKlein

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum