Share your complete Nord Stage 2 programs/patches including sample sets (nsmp files) used, including mp3 previews.
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

[REQ] No Doubt Hella Good

Postby rockinmoxie » 27 Dec 2016, 17:36

Hi everyone,

I know this song is pretty old, but it's still fun and my band decided to give it a go. Here's my problem. I'm still new to the Nord Stage 2 EX that I got a few months ago, and I am good using the preprogrammed sounds on board. When it comes to the synth, and creating my own stuff - I am CLUELESS!!! I've spent more time messing around trying to tweak one sound only to find it screws up my other programs.

So how did this guy make these settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czAP9CvLCqQ
I know the song is about 14-15 years old, but I figured somebody here would have posted it at some point. Any advice? I'm a fantastic player, but I struggle with creating. HELP!!!!!
~Shauna
rockinmoxie

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

[REQ] No Doubt Hella Good

Sponsor

Re: [REQ] No Doubt Hella Good

Postby harmonizer » 27 Dec 2016, 18:40

The video you cite seems to show multiple notes being played back by pressing one key, which would suggest that if you got the sample that this person used, your band would be locked into the tempo that derives from the timings built into that sample.

Here is someone else showing what they play on the keyboard, using some patches that only play back a single note when a key is pressed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14rTj2tBN5g. I don't know the song well, but I would think this type of approach would be more practical in a band.
harmonizer

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Postby rockinmoxie » 29 Dec 2016, 03:01

Yeah, I don't want something locked into a tempo. I just know I've gotten other samples on here that incorporate all the noises, and tricky parts in one setting. There are a few sounds I love in the song, but figuring out how to layer them, and save it from scratch isn't something I know how to do yet. I'm no good at sound manager at all yet. I was hoping somebody had made one at some point but never posted it.
rockinmoxie

Postby DJKeys » 29 Dec 2016, 22:51

Here is a patch I did a while ago. The bass synth is on the upper split (I play that with my right hand) the cheesy organ is in the middle, and the other synth is on the lower split.

This song can be covered convincingly in real time, I think.

-dj

HELLAGOOD .ns2p
(547 Bytes) Downloaded 374 times

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre

The author DJKeys was thanked by:
rockinmoxie
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby rockinmoxie » 03 Jan 2017, 03:43

:)
rockinmoxie

Postby LizRobs135 » 20 Nov 2021, 23:21

Does anyone have this patch for a Nord Stage 3? I tried uploading this patch and it's not compatible.
LizRobs135

Postby WannitBBBad » 21 Nov 2021, 00:29

LizRobs135 wrote:Does anyone have this patch for a Nord Stage 3? I tried uploading this patch and it's not compatible.

Hello, welcome to the Forum! Using this online app written by Forum member florence (https://ns3-program-viewer.herokuapp.com/) you can view the settings for the Stage 2 program you downloaded and try to recreate it on your Stage 3. There's some difference in the synths, but piano and organ are straightforward. Take a look and feel free to ask questions. Good luck to you.
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 21 Nov 2021, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator

Return to Nord Stage 2 Programs (*.ns2p files)