Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Electro 5D + Master 88 Weighted Keys

Postby pomodei » 24 May 2015, 01:17

Hi, I'm really new to this forum, and I'm italian, so be patient for my poor English!

I've a Studiologic Acuna 88 Master (see http://www.studiologic-music.com/acuna8 ... tions.html).
It's a great keyboard controller.

I'm really interested in buying a brand new Electro 5D.
I play in a couple of tribute bands (Rolling Stones, Eagles), so I make a deep usage of Pianos (Acustic, Rhodes and Wurli) and Hammond sounds, having occasionally the need of pads, strings and so on (5%).

I've found really interesting the opportunities offered by the new Electro 5D (I did a little research on the web, and read the manual):
- drawbars (and half moon extension), and the organ section in general
- two independent sound engines (upper and lower)
- piano and sample synth sections
- set list, songs and programs (for live performances)

I would like to use the Electro 5D and the studiologic, connecting them by MIDI (Studiologic --> Electro Upper).
Programming the Upper of the Electro as Piano, and using the keyboard and the controls of the electro to play organs (or samples occasionally).

I've understood that this is feasible: I've just to define programs having a piano as "upper" and organs (or synth) as lower, and configure the Electro 5D MIDI: it's the "scenario 3" described in the Electro 5D user manual.

have I understood correctly?
will this configuration ensure that not only the "MIDI" note on/off messages coming from the Studiologic, but also the sustain and expression pedals messages will be transmitted from the Studiologic to the Electro, and properly processed by the Electro 5D?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Pino

"it's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it"
pomodei

Electro 5D + Master 88 Weighted Keys

Sponsor

Re: Electro 5D + Master 88 Weighted Keys

Postby pomodei » 28 May 2015, 07:53

Hi all,
can anybody confirm to me that the expression and sustain MIDI messages coming from an external controller are processed in Upper MIDI receive mode by the E5D ? (see scenario 3, page 15 of the user guide)
pomodei

Postby Ruud2312 » 28 May 2015, 09:29

If nobody has answered your question by tonight, I'll hook up the scenario 3 of the user guide and try it for you.

I'm playing on my friends audition for his music college, so if anyone else is faster; I don't mind, but I don't mind doing it either ;)

The author Ruud2312 was thanked by:
pomodei
Ruud2312

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2D

Postby sh4wn » 28 May 2015, 11:19

pomodei wrote:Hi all,
can anybody confirm to me that the expression and sustain MIDI messages coming from an external controller are processed in Upper MIDI receive mode by the E5D ? (see scenario 3, page 15 of the user guide)

I can't test it right now, but sustain messages are definetly processed. I don't know about expression right now... will test later.

The author sh4wn was thanked by:
pomodei
sh4wn

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby pomodei » 28 May 2015, 22:53

Ruud2312 wrote:If nobody has answered your question by tonight, I'll hook up the scenario 3 of the user guide and try it for you.

Thank you very much in advance.
Ciao!
pomodei

Postby KyleM » 22 Dec 2016, 22:25

I know this is an old thread but I just added a Roland DS88 to control piano sounds on myto my Stage 2 SW73 and it's actually pretty great... I haven't dove into the synth part of the Roland yet, but it feels great. Very happy coming from a Yamaha S80 (60 lbs) and going to the Roland (35 lbs). It compliments the Nord.
KyleM

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Return to Nord Electro Forum