Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Re: Nord Electro 2 Rack

Postby Hanon_CTS » 26 Nov 2011, 13:47

Hello all,
the NE2 uses a more rudimentary software for sample transfer called Nord Electro Tool.
It is not compatible with 64 bit versions of windows 7 or OSX Lion.

The following sounds are available for the NE2 and NE2R.
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp?t ... _Libraries
Grand Pianos:
C7 Conservatory Grand
V3.0 Factory AcGrand5. Acoustic grand piano adopted from the Nord Stage sample library.

Steinway Model D
V3.0 AcGrand1. Acoustic grand piano, in mono.

Steinway D
V3.0 AcGrand6. Acoustic grand piano with close miking adopted from the Nord Stage sample library.

Malmsjö
V3.0 AcGrand3. Acoustic grand piano in stereo with close miking.

Malmsjö
V3.0 AcGrand2. Acoustic grand piano in stereo

Svenska Pianofabriken
V3.0 AcGrand4. Upright piano manufactured by Swedish Piano Factory, carefully tuned to sound like a typical “parlour” piano.

Electric Grands:

CP-80 Electric Grand
V3.0 *The* touring and recording Electric Grand from the 80's, with a very characteristic sound. Original model had tremolo and an onboard three band EQ. The leather hammers, the short strings and the lack of a resonant body helped to produce a unique sound.

Electric Grand Model G
V3.0 Factory Custom modified Gärbstedt acoustic grand piano fitted with CP-80 pick-ups.

Clavinet
V3.0 Factory Model D6 featuring all filter and pick-up variations of the original instrument.

Rhodes types:

EP Model 73 Mark I
V3.0 Factory Built in May 1978 and adjusted to ‘deep’ timbre. The so-called volume adjustment was set to ‘low’.

EP Model 73 Mark II
V3.0 Built in April 1981 and adjusted to ‘shallow’ timbre. Remember this sound? It became famous thanks to the great Chick Corea. The volume adjustment is set to ‘close’.

EP Model 73 Mark I Suitcase
V3.0 Factory Built in January 1975. We fine-tuned the mechanics and adjusted the tines according to the ‘ideal’ timbre adjustment. The volume adjustment was set to ‘close’.

EP Model 73 Mark V
V3.0 Built in June 1984 and adjusted to ‘ideal’ timbre. The volume adjustment is set to ‘close’. The sound of the Mark V offers improved clarity in the upper range, better consistency of tone in the low range and increased sustain.

Wurlitzer type:

Wurlitzer 200A
V3.0 Factory Felt-dressed hammers on metal reeds provides a very distinct, expressive and musical sound. Original units were equipped with tremolo.
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:26, edited 2 times in total.
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Sponsor

Postby BravoJr » 27 Nov 2011, 00:33

Thanks Hanon!

Now I get the picture... For live applications, this would do it for me. I'm looking to not bring my Mk V on the road, so it's great there's a sample of one as well as other models. I actually gain a wider range of sounds than I already have!
Last edited by BravoJr on 31 Jul 2012, 12:26, edited 2 times in total.
Nord C2, NE 3, Rhodes Mk V, Memotron, Moog Slim Phatty, Moog Little Phatty, MicroKorg XL, Hammond XK3C, Hammond M3, Leslies 860/760, Fender Deluxe Reverb.
BravoJr

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Postby ruggero » 22 Dec 2016, 11:36

any of you have ever thought about encasing a nord electro rack inside an 88 Master?
I see that a Fatar 88 master keyboard has a lot of space to spare.
ruggero

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Previous

Return to Nord Electro Forum