Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

NE 1 update error

Postby Asterix » 06 Jan 2012, 00:37

Hello to everybody. I'm a proud owner of a NE 73, which has worked perfectly until 10 minutes ago...
When I bought it, the OS version was 1.x (don't remember exactly), and has went perfectly through all the S.O. updates until 3.00
This evening I decided to make the last upgrade (v. 3.04); the download process seems to end with no problems, but when the NE restarts it shows briefly the current version (3.0 with the flashing dot just right the "0") and suddenly comes up with the "E.4" message. If I power off and on again the unit, it displays the "E.6" for some time, and then "--" appears on the display, waiting for the OS download.
Restarting the update tool it tells me that the unit has no OS installed. I've repeated the procedure with SO 3.04 checking the "Slow dump" option, with no success. I've also tried reinstalling the OS 3.00 with the very same results.
I'm pretty sure the cables are OK, as I use them for dumping sounds with my other synths, and the PC is the same I used to upgrade my Electro.
Anyone has suggesions ?
Thanks.
Rodolfo.
Last edited by Asterix on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Asterix

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro

NE 1 update error

Sponsor

Re: NE 1 update error

Postby Asterix » 06 Jan 2012, 00:44

Resolved !!
As last resort I tried to install the "old" V.2.3, and voilĂ ... my Electro restarted regularly !
Don't know why, but I decided to retry directly the V3.04 update, and everything worked, except for the samples that has been erased, but this surely isn't an issue, at this moment.
Last edited by Asterix on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.

The author Asterix was thanked by:
Johannes
Asterix

Postby Hanon_CTS » 06 Jan 2012, 01:00

Hello Asterix,
Welcome to the forums.

Hi Rodolfo,
I'm glad that you're back up and playing (in part anyway).
You now have to download the latest v3 samples from the Clavia site to be compatible with the latest OS.
Cheers, Hanon
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby chucker » 21 Dec 2016, 05:18

Hi there,
I seem to be having the same problem. Is there anyone who could help me find the 2.3 OS for the Electro?
Thanks so much,
Chuck
chucker

Return to Nord Electro Forum