NE 1 update error

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
Asterix
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro

NE 1 update error

Post by Asterix »

Hello to everybody. I'm a proud owner of a NE 73, which has worked perfectly until 10 minutes ago...
When I bought it, the OS version was 1.x (don't remember exactly), and has went perfectly through all the S.O. updates until 3.00
This evening I decided to make the last upgrade (v. 3.04); the download process seems to end with no problems, but when the NE restarts it shows briefly the current version (3.0 with the flashing dot just right the "0") and suddenly comes up with the "E.4" message. If I power off and on again the unit, it displays the "E.6" for some time, and then "--" appears on the display, waiting for the OS download.
Restarting the update tool it tells me that the unit has no OS installed. I've repeated the procedure with SO 3.04 checking the "Slow dump" option, with no success. I've also tried reinstalling the OS 3.00 with the very same results.
I'm pretty sure the cables are OK, as I use them for dumping sounds with my other synths, and the PC is the same I used to upgrade my Electro.
Anyone has suggesions ?
Thanks.
Rodolfo.
Last edited by Asterix on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Asterix

Re: NE 1 update error

Post by Asterix »

Resolved !!
As last resort I tried to install the "old" V.2.3, and voilà... my Electro restarted regularly !
Don't know why, but I decided to retry directly the V3.04 update, and everything worked, except for the samples that has been erased, but this surely isn't an issue, at this moment.
Last edited by Asterix on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Asterix for the post:
Johannes
Hanon_CTS
Former Team Member
Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by Hanon_CTS »

Hello Asterix,
Welcome to the forums.

Hi Rodolfo,
I'm glad that you're back up and playing (in part anyway).
You now have to download the latest v3 samples from the Clavia site to be compatible with the latest OS.
Cheers, Hanon
Last edited by Hanon_CTS on 31 Jul 2012, 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
chucker

Post by chucker »

Hi there,
I seem to be having the same problem. Is there anyone who could help me find the 2.3 OS for the Electro?
Thanks so much,
Chuck