Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Norde Electro 5, Setlist function

Postby Nightfly » 14 Dec 2016, 13:34

For an upcoming gig, I decided to group my programs into 3 setlists. After I was finished with the second setlist (let's say, setlist program numbers 2:1 to 2:20) I realised that I need to move some programs (for example 5) from set 1 to the middle of set 2, using the organise function. I did this and now all the previous programs in that setlist have been moved forward by the same amount, i.e. are now in setlist 1, program number 1:46 to 1:50. I never noticed this before because I only ever had everything in setlist 1 but this seems like a bug to me. If I insert something at position 2:10 I expect the programs that come after this to be moved back, not the programs that are before it to be moved forwards, especially since this moves them into the previous set. As a workaround, I've been filling my setlists as of program number 10. Once I'm happy the order won't change, then I'll use the organise function to move them back to start at number 1. It seems like the latest version Nord Sound Manager allows you to organise setlists so I'll use that for now, but unless I am missing something or have completely misunderstood how this function is supposed to work, I don't think it works as it should. Apologies if this has been asked already, I can't see any possibility to search for keywords on this forum.
Nightfly

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Norde Electro 5, Setlist function

Sponsor

Re: Norde Electro 5, Setlist function

Postby Lee Batchelor » 18 Dec 2016, 01:02

Hi Nightfly,

It's been my experience with several Korg and Yamaha keyboards that external software is the only way to achieve accurate file manipulation. The question is, how usable is the external software? Companies offer external software as a means of achieving faster and more accurate file manipulation than what can be achieved on the keyboard. Let's face it, a PC is a computer first, and then a note step writer inside some sort of music publishing program or DAW. A keyboard is an instrument first, and then a computer (PC or Mac) second. Manufacturers know this. So using external software like the Sound Manager makes perfect sense. You did the right thing. I wish there was more cross-talk between keyboards and PCs so file manipulation would be much easier. Pianos and synths suck in terms of file management!!! Use well written external software for the heavy lifting. Leave the creativity to the Nord keyboard. Just my 2 cents worth.
Lee Batchelor

Return to Nord Electro Forum