This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: lighter powered speaker

Postby damasp » 14 Dec 2016, 20:34

I was thinking about the DBR. My brother has that one and I'd like to demo his. I'm sure the DXR sounds much better though. The weight of the DBR is very attractive. I think it may work when needing a small on Stage monitor. Too bad the Dxr isn't lighter and I think it doesn't have a side handle. I'm still undecided with this issue.
Nord Electro 3 73, Casio PX-5s, Yamaha SY85, 2 QSC K8.2s, A&H ZED10 FX Mixer, ART TubeMP preamp
damasp

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Sponsor

Postby danrv » 16 Dec 2016, 13:15

damasp wrote:I'm leaning towards the Yamaha dxr 10. The only thing I don't like is the inputs in the back. They have 3 input channels and one is xlr, one in 1/4" and then
RCA.

I've made up a short female 1/4" to XLR converter cable as some of my band monitors are 1/4" input and some XLR.
Just connect it to a regular jack and then you can use the XLR input.

I have 2 DXR10s and really like them. A little heavy but compact.
I found the DBR10 sounded a little 'tubby' so went for the DXR as I didn't want to compromise on sound quality.
Last edited by danrv on 16 Dec 2016, 13:16, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 2 HA76, Korg Triton Extreme 61, Roland XP80, Yamaha P140, Yamaha PSR2000 , 2 x Yamaha DXR10, Roland KC150, Toa D3 line mixer, Quiklok 2 tier X stand.

The author danrv was thanked by:
damasp
danrv

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Gambold » 16 Dec 2016, 17:46

QSC 10 is expensive but good. Louder than the Electrovoice series. It's not enough for stage work, you'll need to be in the house as well, even in small venue if you've got a drummer.
Gambold

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum