General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

nord software manager thoughts

Postby varignet » 12 Dec 2016, 19:49

Hi, I was wondering, when hooking up a stage keyboard, what the difference is between the sample and the synth tabs.
Also I was searching for two specific sample files but can't find them on the nord website, could you kindly point them to me?
MM Synth Violin__BR mono 2.0
MKS20__PS mono 2.0

p.s.
I really love the nord open samples approach
Many thanks!
Last edited by varignet on 12 Dec 2016, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Lead A1, Korg Trinity 76 Pro, Kawai MP7SE, Guitars, Ukes
varignet

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

nord software manager thoughts

Sponsor

Re: nord software manager thoughts

Postby analogika » 12 Dec 2016, 20:36

The first one is here:
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-libr ... g-minimoog

Haven't found the MKS20 sample yet, but it's sure to be in the legacy library archive somewhere.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby varignet » 13 Dec 2016, 01:50

analogika wrote:The first one is here:

Haven't found the MKS20 sample yet, but it's sure to be in the legacy library archive somewhere.

Thanks for taking the time to look for it. For the sake of clarity I don't think that is quite the same sample tough, the one contained in the zip is stereo, not mono. I found the other one thank you.
p.s.
what is the purpose of the synth tab? it seems like a copy of the samples tab.
Nord Lead A1, Korg Trinity 76 Pro, Kawai MP7SE, Guitars, Ukes
varignet

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Postby Rusty Mike » 13 Dec 2016, 02:26

On the Stage, you can store synthesizer programs apart from the other programs, which include your envelope, filter and modulation settings. Many of the synth programs are based on the loaded samples, so maybe that's what you're seeing.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Piano 5 73, Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby analogika » 13 Dec 2016, 02:30

varignet wrote:
analogika wrote:The first one is here:

Thanks for taking the time to look for it. For the sake of clarity I don't think that is quite the same sample tough, the one contained in the zip is stereo, not mono.

That's weird, because no minimoog in existence has a stereo output. They're strictly monophonic (and monophonic) instruments.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby pablomastodon » 13 Dec 2016, 06:58

I believe that the "2.0" designation at the end of those filenames is a clear indication that the requested files must be in the v2.0 Library (even if they are also represented in the archive).

what is the purpose of the synth tab?

As Rusty Mike explained in general terms, the Synth tab lists "synth programs." Because of the radically increased complexity of the Synth Section (as compared to Organ or Piano sections), Nord has provided the Synth Program as a vehicle for storing complex sets of parameter settings. In this manner, the artist can STORE these little creations for purposes of convenient recall into multiple programs. The factory load contains many of these and the first several consist of samples more or less in the same numerical order as the samples themselves appear in the Samp Lib list, but this is coincidental and of no special significance.

Suppose you create some awesome new synth sound in a program. Suppose also that you decide you wish to author five different programs which use this exact synth sound, one split with an acoustic piano, one split with an electric piano, one split with an organ, one split with a clav, and one split with string pads. If you first STORE your awesome new synth sound to the Synth Program memory, then it becomes a simple matter to LOAD that awesome new synth sound into each of your five new programs. It can be useful to think of these synth programs as little building blocks.

Review the manual's chapter on Synth Section, paying careful attention to the STORE and LOAD functions described there.

Bless, Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Stage Forum