keyboard stand recommendations

All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.
damasp
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

keyboard stand recommendations

Post by damasp »

Recently my 2 tier Quicklok x stand bit the dust. The knob stripped and the tooth locking system has become bent.

I've been searching the net for reviews for stands. I don't play out more than once a month, but we usually need to setup and take down quickly. I sit down most often. I am hoping not to spend more than $150 or possibly a bit more. I like the apex stands but they seem better for players that stand. It seems that column would be right in from of my face when sitting down. The K & M baby spider is nice and shorter, but really expensive. Their other products are high priced also.

This one is affortable, but may take time to set up.

I'm also look at this x stand that is similiar to the one I have, but seems to have better locking device.

Any suggestions?
Nord Electro 3 73, Casio PX-5s, Yamaha SY85, 2 QSC K8.2s, A&H ZED10 FX Mixer, ART TubeMP preamp
cEgws
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Re: keyboard stand recommendations

Post by cEgws »

I just purchased a Hercules KS410B for my new-to-me Electro 4D and so far I like it (played out only about four times so far).
The second tier is not super convenient to set up, but the whole thing breaks down into a small H shape and it is sturdy and widely height-adjustable.
I have used an Apex for more than twenty years, and although it is quick to set up I have never liked the pedal situation. These days, I have been unhappy with its size for travel, and that I look like I'm ready to fire a mortar in the club.
These users thanked the author cEgws for the post:
damasp
DW-8000, DX7, ESQ-1, JD-990, MKS-70, TG77
cphollis
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Post by cphollis »

K&M Spider Pro. Pricey, but best keyboard stand evah. I own two. Just sayin'
These users thanked the author cphollis for the post:
damasp
I think I have gear issues ....
damasp
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Post by damasp »

Thanks for the suggestions. After some work, and help, I was ablle to find a new bolt and locking nut to replace the stripped one and now it's working again.
Nord Electro 3 73, Casio PX-5s, Yamaha SY85, 2 QSC K8.2s, A&H ZED10 FX Mixer, ART TubeMP preamp