Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

trouble with 5D when not using pre-programmed patches

Postby ccr4evr » 03 Dec 2016, 15:57

HI All:

I cannot properly get the hang of playing the piano, organ synth on the 5D when not using the programs already installed.

On my old Electro 3 I would just choose the B3 or Electric Piano and then apply different settings.

How do I do this on the Nord 5D?

Im confused with the upper and lower buttons etc. and sometimes I just wanna play B3 and set the drawbars in different settings and so forth but I cannot seem to get the keyboard to sound correct. I'm not sure I am doing it correctly.

If anyone out there understands what I am trying to say please contact me or post a response.

Thanks,

Mike from Monroe, New Jersey

PS If anyone is located near me I would gladly buy you a beer for some help! LOL
ccr4evr

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

trouble with 5D when not using pre-programmed patches

Sponsor

Re: trouble with 5D when not using pre-programmed patches

Postby Bassics101 » 03 Dec 2016, 17:48

From what you've written, I think the Live 1,2 and 3 buttons is where you need to go. Press any one of these, then shift select on "part lower" to get organ. On far left press "organ model" to get B3, and rock on. If the keyboard is split, press the "keyboard split" to turn off upper. That should get you going.
Bassics101

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to Nord Electro Forum