Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: Nord Piano 3 Humming Noise

Postby HSFlik » 07 Nov 2016, 23:07

Ah geez, I hope they fix this!
HSFlik

Sponsor

Postby Rhodie73 » 07 Nov 2016, 23:56

Ok so I'm going give a short little update on my NP3 journey. I bought one when they were first available here in the US. As soon as I began playing it, I noticed a knocking slap back noise that was unusually loud on certain keys. I then couldn't take it anymore and exchanged it for a Yamaha CP4 which I've had before like 3 times. I love the CP4 on Stage but absolutely am uninspired playing solo at home. Plus the wife said I can't have both and I can't buy another stage piano for another 2 years! So I returned it again and exchanged it for another NP3, but had to wait like another month for the new shipment. Now after a week with my second NP3, I can say that my first one must have been a fluke. This one has no humming (neither did my first one) and no unusually loud mechanical noises! It actually plays quite nicely. I will give an update in December.
Rhodie73

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Postby hernan1304 » 28 Nov 2016, 07:11

I don't have a soundproof room, but I just turned my monitors off (they do hum), put on my headphones (Ultrasone Pro 900) with the NP3 turned OFF. Then, while wearing the headphones, I turned the piano back on and there was no hum during bootup and operation. I also don't hear a sound coming from the piano itself with everything else turned off, but again I don't have a soundproof room.
hernan1304

Previous

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum