Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Problems with screen on electro 5d?

Postby gibmini » 25 Mar 2016, 11:53

Hi,

I've started getting intermittent problems with my electro 5 where the screen flashes on and off randomly. It finally died yesterday and the screen won't switch on at all. The rest of the electro works fine.

Anyone else have had this issue? Any solutions that dont involve returning the board to the shop? (I live in a very small country with no dealers so we have to buy everything online and its a real pain and slightly risky to post the keyboard back for fixing/replacement).

Thanks!

GM
gibmini

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 5

Problems with screen on electro 5d?

Sponsor

Re: Problems with screen on electro 5d?

Postby steviebarracuda » 08 Oct 2016, 07:37

Yeah, I just turned mine on after a few months of not using it and the screen is almost unreadable.
I'm not sure this is the same problem though.
With mine it looks like there's an image in black of some kind obscuring the screen. I wonder if this is the same as that OLED Burn-in problem the TV screens often have.
I'm guessing the Nord screens are reliable because (to my frustration) I couldn't find anyone but you having a screen problem on their Electro 5D, and there's nothing in the manual to trouble shoot display problems.

I'm gonna try turning my machine on and off intermittently for a few days and if that doesn't work call my local dealer.
steviebarracuda

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby mattydemont » 26 Nov 2016, 08:15

I also have a very minor problem with my NE5D73 screen, which features a vertical line of broken pixels. Could this be a bad contact?
NE5D, Boss RC-505, Line6 M9, Korg Kaoss Pad KP3+, MIDI Solutions Thru Box, Allen & Heath ZED-10FX, KRK Rokit 5, Zoom H2.
mattydemont

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Arjan P » 26 Nov 2016, 16:50

A vertical line in a display or a display getting dimmer and dimmer sounds like a warranty issue to me. Well, if you're in Europe, at least.
Arjan P

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum