Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

TRS to TRS or TS to TRS?

Postby Vassilis » 19 Nov 2016, 10:20

Hey, everybody!
I want to connect a Yamaha P120 to a Scarlett 18i8. Scarlett's inputs are balanced. I don't know what about P120 because of no reference in the owner's manual (even an internet search, didn't give any results). So, does anybody knows what type of cables I need for the connection? TRS to TRS or TS to TRS? Is the one better to the other or inappropriate? Is there impact on the sound arrives to the interface?
Thanks!
Vassilis

TRS to TRS or TS to TRS?

Sponsor

Re: TRS to TRS or TS to TRS?

Postby analogika » 19 Nov 2016, 16:46

Just use standard mono (TS) cables. You can't balance the signal unless you use an actual DI box, but balanced vs. unbalanced is completely irrelevant when you're working with line-level signals and at less than, say, 10 metres.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio

The author analogika was thanked by:
Vassilis
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: TRS to TRS or TS to TRS?

Postby Vassilis » 19 Nov 2016, 17:45

Thank you very much! The cables are to be 1-2 meters. Do you suggest the same for a connection between piano and active monitors with balanced inputs?
:thanks:
Vassilis

Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum