General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Pedal sharing between Nord Lead A1 and Nord Stage 2

Postby maxpiano » 20 Jun 2015, 11:30

I think that actually you need at least a second control pedal to connect to the A1, while I see no situation where you have a need for sharing sustain (for which you may use the Extern section in many cases)
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby connor_fitz » 20 Jun 2015, 12:21

Ahhhh! I solved it! The trick was to enable the "soft through" on the A1. Now when I send pedal info from panel A extern section, it comes back on the global channel, and controls panel B. Thanks for your help guys!
connor_fitz

Postby maxpiano » 20 Jun 2015, 13:30

connor_fitz wrote:Ahhhh! I solved it! The trick was to enable the "soft through" on the A1. Now when I send pedal info from panel A extern section, it comes back on the global channel, and controls panel B. Thanks for your help guys!

Great! I didn't know the A1 had the Soft Thru feature as the NS2 otherwise I'd have suggested, well done!

The author maxpiano was thanked by:
connor_fitz
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby jpoelmans » 20 Jun 2015, 15:09

The external section has some program specific midi settings!

Here I have the global channel which my nord lead is set to, also set to the external keyboard midi channel, which is indeed a global setting. But I also noticed, that indeed, the nord lead 4 does not relay sustain pedal information. Maybe try to turn on the nord lead's soft thru function, altough that might interfere with other things in your setup, but will just work, as long as the nord stage and the nord elad are the only midi hosts you have to take care of.

PS: just tested it, and indeed setting the soft thru channel on the nord lead to the same channel as your nord stage 2 recieves the dual keyboard MIDI will make sure that sustain pedal info is relayed... Prety cool ;)
Last edited by jpoelmans on 20 Jun 2015, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

The author jpoelmans was thanked by:
connor_fitz
jpoelmans

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Postby patmol59 » 30 Oct 2016, 19:19

I reactivates this post ...

I just would do EXACTLY the same thing as Connor in this post, but I can't find how configure my keyboards (NLA1 and NS2) ...
I have difficulties to find the right configuration for Midi Settings (on NS2, slot A and B, and NLA1), and for External Settings (necessary ?)

Perhaps someone could explain me the exact settings to use?
It would be a great help for me !

Adrien.D
patmol59

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum