Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

programs for NP 2 (from a newbie)

Postby afinestart » 26 Oct 2016, 00:11

OK. hi all, i'm nervous to post because i feel i may get eaten by the wolves.

i'm a piano-playing oriented musician who writes their own songs for piano and voice. i'd say mostly pop with an edge of experimentation (fleshed out piano playing, odd time signatures, not cookie cutter), but i'm really not very technologically advanced since i've always used an acoustic piano.

i work at a music store and so i've been renting one of our nord piano 2's (before that i was renting a korg sv1) and i'm kind of in love with it. i'd love to store some different sounds in the wee 500 MB of memory but can't figure out how to finesse that without wrecking all the programs. for instance, i could take or leave the 'romantic upright' but would lose some programs that are potentially cool ('organ flute' is nice; 'mrs nord' is OK; etc).

how does one negotiate all this?

it seems to me i could load whatever piano samples i wanted and re-map the programs to that sample, that doesn't seem like the best option.

i deleted all the programs and was just using the sounds in their banks, but to me that doesn't sound as nice AND it was annoying to have 'empty program' on the screen all the time.

---

i have done a search with various terms in the search function but wasn't able to find anything related to this...

:thanks:

m
afinestart

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

programs for NP 2 (from a newbie)

Sponsor

Re: programs for NP 2 (from a newbie)

Postby De fursaK NE5 » 26 Oct 2016, 03:36

Hi't

When I get a new instrument, no matter what it is,
I erase the program I won't use first. Make some space.
After that, I do it again. Make some space again.

Then I load the samples that interest me (Nord example).
Then I rearrange the program I like and I use.
For example, All the piano's in 1,11,21,31,etc
The EP's in 2,12,22,32,42,...
And put everything in order.

I leave some space for trying new samples or program, always.

It can take 2 or 3 month before I feel at home when I use the intrument. So be patient.

Cheers
De fursaK
De fursaK NE5

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum