This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: Any pianist using the electro/stage 73sw?

Postby GeeDeWee » 22 Sep 2016, 08:49

IMO the best solution is a HA88 key bed for piano and a waterfall key bed for organs and synths.
I find playing piano on either a HP of SW key bed uncomfortable as well as playing organ /synth on a HA key bed.

Seems to me paying a lot of money for an instrument should not lead to uncomfortable playing, so I bought a Stage 2 HA88 and trigger the organs/synths via MIDI with a second waterfall keyboard (an old Roland D10; cost me € 60,- :D ). Only downside is an extra case to carry at gigs...
GeeDeWee

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Sponsor

Postby Dreamer » 22 Sep 2016, 21:25

I must say the E5 73 offers the best piano experience for a non-weighted board I have experienced so far. I won't do a classical set with piano on it but on stage in a rock/blues context it is just great. Considering the cembalo sounds, this is even nearer to the real thing than a weighted board. I am actively thinking about basso continuo support with french cembalo for an upcoming project, it is outstanding what you get from E5 here.
Dreamer

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby peppi » 22 Sep 2016, 21:33

GeeDeWee wrote:IMO the best solution is a HA88 key bed for piano and a waterfall key bed for organs and synths.
I find playing piano on either a HP of SW key bed uncomfortable as well as playing organ /synth on a HA key bed.

Seems to me paying a lot of money for an instrument should not lead to uncomfortable playing, so I bought a Stage 2 HA88 and trigger the organs/synths via MIDI with a second waterfall keyboard (an old Roland D10; cost me € 60,- :D ). Only downside is an extra case to carry at gigs...

GeeDeWee wrote:IMO the best solution is a HA88 key bed for piano and a waterfall key bed for organs and synths.

I compared the 5d 73sw, 5hp and stage2ex76hp side by side at the shop today.
They unboxed a brand new 5hp and it feels ok, a little spongy for my taste, I'm also concerned about it possibly developing the clicking noise I read about. the 76hp feels a bit springier for some reason,
the sw now feels more toylike.
73 weighted keys wouldn't be enough, but funnily enough I don't feel the need for more keys on the sw.
i think of getting the e5d 73sw as it's the best combination of size and price.
peppi

Postby varignet » 16 Oct 2016, 00:42

Quick question to electro 5 HP owners, would the keybed be fast and 'light' enough to play fast pieces such as bach's toccata and fugue in D minor?
Nord Lead A1, Korg Trinity 76 Pro, Kawai MP7SE, Guitars, Ukes
varignet

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Postby maurus » 16 Oct 2016, 09:32

Used to be an Electro 3HP owner. I wouldn't expect a problem here.
maurus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby emartin149 » 17 Oct 2016, 21:36

>'ve had an Electro 4D SW for three years and always struggle making the transition from my real AP to the E4D. For the me, the action is terrible for AP and organ. It's the worst of all worlds.<

Well, I'm not performing Brahms in front of a rapt audience, where the only other sounds to be heard are the clicking of my crummy Fatar keybed and the clinking of the occasional teacup.

I'm banging out rock and roll pop ditties in a loud sports bar where I'm lucky if my monitor speaker isn't presenting the band to me as a wall of mush. If the audience is jumping, I presume it's going well. And the lack of Bechstein-like action on my Electro during Running on Empty is the least of my concerns...I'm first making sure I don't spill beer all over the damn thing...
emartin149

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum