Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

Looking for a new weighted keyboard similar to electro5hp

Postby varignet » 12 Oct 2016, 15:23

..but with better less clanky fatar action and much cheaper please.
Body weight is not a big problem, also 73-76 keys preferred if possible. Any suggestion?

aimed to playing the piano 75% of the time plus vintage sampled synths, organs, action similar to a weighted piano but would be happy if it was a little lighter too. split a must.

Please let me know your thoughts
Last edited by varignet on 12 Oct 2016, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Lead A1, Korg Trinity 76 Pro, Kawai MP7SE, Guitars, Ukes
varignet

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Looking for a new weighted keyboard similar to electro5hp

Sponsor

Re: Looking for a new weighted keyboard similar to electro5h

Postby Rusty Mike » 12 Oct 2016, 16:37

The HP action is made by Fatar - it's called TP100. Other instruments using this action are made by Studiologic, Kurzweil and Arturia. I'm not familiar with Studio logic products, but here are the products that I'm aware have the TP100:

Kurzweil Artis, Artis SE, Forte SE, SP4-8
Arturia Keylab 88 (This is a controller only, and the action includes aftertouch)
Studiologic Numa Stage, SL88 Studio (controller only), Acuna (controller only)

I've only played the Kurzweil SP4-8, and was really impressed with the feel, response and finger-to-sound connection.

Defense of the Electro, I own an Electro 3HP which had developed the clacking. I did a thorough re-lubrication about a year ago, and it's been great ever since. I recently played an Electro 5HP in a store, and was amazed on how smooth playing it was. Have you played a 5HP?
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Piano 5 73, Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby varignet » 12 Oct 2016, 16:47

Rusty Mike wrote:The HP action is made by Fatar - it's called TP100. Other instruments using this action are made by Studiologic, Kurzweil and Arturia. I'm not familiar with Studio logic products, but here are the products that I'm aware have the TP100:

Kurzweil Artis, Artis SE, Forte SE, SP4-8
Arturia Keylab 88 (This is a controller only, and the action includes aftertouch)
Studiologic Numa Stage, SL88 Studio (controller only), Acuna (controller only)

I've only played the Kurzweil SP4-8, and was really impressed with the feel, response and finger-to-sound connection.

Defense of the Electro, I own an Electro 3HP which had developed the clacking. I did a thorough re-lubrication about a year ago, and it's been great ever since. I recently played an Electro 5HP in a store, and was amazed on how smooth playing it was. Have you played a 5HP?

Sorry I was referring to full weighted keyboards WITHOUT the TP100 keybed, quite the opposite eheheh.
I didn't mean to dismiss the 5HP action, but you're probably in such case paying more for transportability which I wouldn't necessarily need.
varignet

Postby varignet » 12 Oct 2016, 22:53

yes very briefly, i liked it OK, i may be wrong but i'm not sure the action was good enough to provide enough sensitivity when playing classical.
mind me I'm no concert pianist and am willing to compromise.
what are your thoughts on it?
i actually just purchased the ne5d73 but due to change of circumstances I'm not going to need to be mobile anymore and am selling it ( ad in the sell section ) for a more weighted and sedentary option.
Last edited by varignet on 12 Oct 2016, 22:55, edited 2 times in total.
varignet

Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum