General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: Stage 2 synth question

Postby koloman » 03 Jul 2016, 08:34

An addition to test samples I made the following:
I made a special program ( in my case D 01:1) to test new samples where all parameters are set to initial values and the waveform is set to "sample". Then I use only the selector for the sample number in the synth section to put a new sample in. Both slots A and B have the same parameters. So it is easy to compare a well known sound with a new sample. Simple but practical.

I described that already somewhere in this forum but did not find it anymore.

Wolfgang

The author koloman was thanked by 2 members, including:
pablomastodonMr_-G-
koloman
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Sponsor

Postby Mr_-G- » 03 Jul 2016, 16:09

Yep, that sounds like a very good idea.
Mr_-G-

Postby thesuitelounge » 05 Oct 2016, 18:09

Interesting idea! I have a related question I am trying to clear up/better understand. When I compare the two slots A&B, the LED for the sample changes according to the sample loaded. But if I want to compare two SYNTH presets (not the SAMPLES in the OSC, but one of the 300 SYNTH patches), the LED does not "switch" back and forth between the synth patches, it stays on whichever number was last loaded.

So if I want to load (LOAD SOUND) a synth patch into SLOT A and another into SLOT B, I do not see the correct LED for that patch, I still see the LED related to the sample loaded in the OSC.

Thanks for any help
thesuitelounge

Postby koloman » 06 Oct 2016, 22:14

You have to undo the shift-load command by pressing the load command without shift to bring the displayagain in "normal operation".
It looks like a bug for me that using the synth-presets the display doesn't change.
These synth presets seem to me a liitle bit like a motherless child (from mother Nord). But they are very practical to store some nice also randomly found synth combination for later use.
Koloman
koloman
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Previous

Return to Nord Stage Forum