Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Tips on stealing this specific rhodes sound(electro 4)

Postby Marwin » 30 Sep 2016, 23:33

Hey, this is my first post and I'm sorry if it's in the wrong section. I know it's typical to join and make a request but I hope to stay and learn, as well as contribute to the community.

I've been playing on a Nord C2D in a blues band for a few years as a way of making money on music (because I'm a guitarist first and a keyboardist second) and recently left the band and got myself a Nord Electro 4 HP as well, because I'm a fusion guy and I need my E.P.'s!

I've downloaded all the Rhodes samples and I've been trying for years to figure out what's going on with this cool Yellowjackets tune:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGP2orZBxaQ
(The first part is CP-80 and Dyno together, Dyno solo after a juicy interlude at 2:43, actual solo at 3:13)

I'm not as well-versed on keyboards as I am with guitar, but to my ear it sounds like a Dyno first of all. Is there any way to get close to this sound using the controls at hand on my keyboard and the Nord Dyno sample?

Thanks!
Marwin

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2D

Tips on stealing this specific rhodes sound(electro 4)

Sponsor

Return to Nord Electro Forum