General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Tremolo/Master Click

Postby Walkanator » 28 Sep 2016, 17:02

Hey guys, just trying to do a patch for JT's Can't Stop the Feeling.

To get that piano sound with tremolo is easy enough, but how can I make it so when I play the chord it's always in the same place in the tremolo loop?? It seems the tremolo volume is just constantly moving so if I start the song right now it can be fine, but if I were to start the song half a second later, I'd come in the wrong place in the loop, if you get me. So I'd get a completely different feel to it. i.e. the swells on the downbeat instead of the off beat. There seems to be no way of knowing where in the loop it's gunna be when you play the chord.

Any ideas??

Cheers
Walkanator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Tremolo/Master Click

Sponsor

Re: Tremolo/Master Click

Postby ebowen4221 » 28 Sep 2016, 17:27

I don't know if the keyboard will do a key reset to reset the tremolo. One way to check, is to set the tremolo by ear with a metronome, play chords on down beats, then on off beats, and hear if the sine wave is up or down. Then do the same thing with the tremolo set to 1/4 notes and sync'd to the master clock at the same tempo.
Nord C2, Nord Stage 2, Moog Sub37, Moog Minitaur
Hammond A100, Wurlitzer P200A

The author ebowen4221 was thanked by:
Walkanator
ebowen4221

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Re: Tremolo/Master Click

Postby Walkanator » 28 Sep 2016, 17:42

Cheers buddy.

After playing around with it for a while, I've decided it's easier to use a sample piano so then I can alter the attack and put a delay on it, playing just the first chord of each bar.

Thanks again.
Walkanator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Return to Nord Stage Forum