General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Velocity 'Converter' Software

Postby Jhbackingtracks » 25 Sep 2016, 03:46

Hey there,

Being so used to the Nord Piano 2's action over the past few years, the recent change to a Nord Stage, certainly proves there are some differences (whatever they may be) in the way the action responds. I find it really difficult to play 'subtle' passages, as they come out at way too high a velocity.

Now I remember a time I went through the phase of feeling the same about the NP, and looked into many different things, such as this MIDI Solutions box I see people talking about... But I remember stumbling across a bit of free software for Mac, which did the same thing... but I never really got chance to try it out properly on my show, but it definitely worked. So I think the good news is I can solve this problem, however the bad news is, I can not for the life of me remember the name of this software, OR find it/anything like it anywhere on the internet. I have searched and searched, and just can't find anything! Does anyone remember this software? There must be other ways of doing this velocity conversion business than purchasing an external box.

Can such a thing be done in MainStage and then routing the MIDI back out, of the edited velocity curve? Or can it only change the velocity curve for incoming MIDI, and not send it back out again?

If anyone can remember the name of this software, or knows of anything like this, that saves purchasing a little box when I have a working computer I could use, that would be MUCH appreciated! :) .... I think I'd be more inclined to try the MIDI solutions box, if it didn't require another box to power it! :(

All the best people.
James
Jhbackingtracks

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Velocity 'Converter' Software

Sponsor

Re: Velocity 'Converter' Software

Postby jfenton » 25 Sep 2016, 05:29

Bome has a free version of their software that runs on both PC and Mac. Not sure of the limitations of the free version though. Bome.com
Keyboards:
  • NS2 EX Compact 73
  • Hammond SK2
  • Roland VCombo VR-09
  • Roland A800-Pro
  • Behringer Motor 49
  • Alesis Q88
jfenton
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Return to Nord Stage Forum