Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Nord Drum 3P iOS editor

Postby bgerkes » 14 Sep 2016, 15:33

Hi,

Since I do not like to do sound design on the 3P itself, I have created an iPad editor template for it, using the TB Midi Stuff app.

It's a snapshot of 7 editor pages:
When you start it up you will get the start up screen and after tapping on "Start" you will be directed to the editor page for channel 1. In the upper half you'll see the distortion, eq, FXs and channel level/panning parameters, plus a small trigger pad for that channel. In the lower half you will find the three "sound" components with their respective parameters: Noise, Wave and Click.
At the bottom of the screen you can navigate between the six channel pages and one editor page that mirrors the 6 pads of the 3P module where I also added a channel level slider for eacht channel.

You can use the editor wireless when connected to the same wifi network as your computer (assuming the 3P is connected with a MIDI interface to that computer), or directly wired from the iPad to your 3P module.

I will post a youtube vid asap to show some of the functionallity.

The template is purely aimed at easier sound design (and boy, one can create very cool drum/percussion and other sounds with the 3P!). I made it for personal use, but why not share it with others.

Send me an email to receive the template plus an extensive readme file at bjgerkes@gmail.com

You'll need to buy the TB MIDI stuff app to be able to use the template. Last time I checked it was 4,99 euro's.

Regards, Boele
Attachments
IMG_0835.PNG
Startup screen
IMG_0835.PNG (418.95 KiB) Viewed 6454 times
IMG_0836.PNG
Editor page for one channel
IMG_0836.PNG (343.24 KiB) Viewed 6454 times
IMG_0837.PNG
Pads trigger page
IMG_0837.PNG (122.05 KiB) Viewed 6454 times

The author bgerkes was thanked by 7 members, including:
maN OEuvretronqueSnakePlisskenFrantzJohanneswartalerpablomastodon
bgerkes

Nord Drum 3P iOS editor

Sponsor

Re: Nord Drum 3P iOS editor

Postby pablomastodon » 14 Sep 2016, 19:06

wow -- wireless editing!
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby bgerkes » 30 Sep 2016, 08:16

yes, together with this one: http://www.bome.com/products/bomebox
bgerkes

Postby pablomastodon » 30 Sep 2016, 16:44

yes, I grabbed one of those as fast as humanly possible, and now trying to work it into my rig slowly

marvelous unit!
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby SnakePlissken » 11 Nov 2016, 22:40

bgerkes wrote:Hi,

Since I do not like to do sound design on the 3P itself, I have created an iPad editor template for it, using the TB Midi Stuff app.

Your work is commendable, I love my Nord 3P Drum but found it hard to integrate into my style of playing before getting an Ipad Air 2 and the Nord Beat app
I knew the Nord 3P had potential but was shocked when I had these ear to ear smiles from doing rolls on any channel I wanted, it's so immediate
The only thing I would ask is the limited 8 pattern limitation, being software, we should be able to choose the length rather than be limited imo
Sure it has a repeat per pattern ability, but this isn't the same as writing a song imo
Anyway I sent you an email to check out the template, I would love to sculpt my own drums if possible, I am looking more to doing kettle drums etc, with large reverbs
I love the 3P, I love that you have gone to the efforts even more to help people like us

Keep up the good work

:D
SnakePlissken

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum

Postby maN OEuvre » 03 Sep 2018, 04:50

bgerkes wrote:Hi,

It's a snapshot of 7 editor pages:
When you start it up you will get the start up screen and after tapping on "Start" you will be directed to the editor page for channel 1. In the upper half you'll see the distortion, eq, FXs and channel level/panning parameters, plus a small trigger pad for that channel. In the lower half you will find the three "sound" components with their respective parameters: Noise, Wave and Click.
At the bottom of the screen you can navigate between the six channel pages and one editor page that mirrors the 6 pads of the 3P module where I also added a channel level slider for eacht channel.

You can use the editor wireless when connected to the same wifi network as your computer (assuming the 3P is connected with a MIDI interface to that computer), or directly wired from the iPad to your 3P module.

I will post a youtube vid asap to show some of the functionallity.

The template is purely aimed at easier sound design (and boy, one can create very cool drum/percussion and other sounds with the 3P!). I made it for personal use, but why not share it with others.

Send me an email to receive the template plus an extensive readme file at bjgerkes@gmail.com

You'll need to buy the TB MIDI stuff app to be able to use the template. Last time I checked it was 4,99 euro's.

Regards, Boele

What a wonderful gift to the community! This editor brings the ND3p to life. I would be so slow without it. Thanks again bgerkes!
maN OEuvre

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Postby Oggi2 » 01 Jun 2023, 15:54

Does anyone know what became of this app? I cannot see it on the app store now, and there does not seem to be any official offering from Nord?

Anyone know of a good alternative?
Oggi2

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Postby clerton » 23 Jan 2024, 15:24

onde encontro esse aplicativo
clerton

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Postby FZiegler » 23 Jan 2024, 16:24

English, please.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Return to Nord Drum Forum