Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Electro 3 - NO output

Postby Dagwood » 05 Sep 2016, 03:33

At the end of a gig yesterday I turned off both my keyboards. As I wandered off to get my cases and cart, the crowd started the "one more song" chant and the band decided to accommodate them. I rushed back to my spot and turned on both keyboards. The Nord booted up just like normal, the bass player called a tune, I set the drawbars appropriately, the drummer counted us in and.... I got nothin' -- absolutely no output at all. I scrambled, turning knobs, punching buttons, rebooted a couple more times... nothing at all. Not from anything, no organ, no pianos, nothing.

Today at home I tried again -- still nothing at all. Not even any static or clicking and popping, nothing. Not from any jack, including headphones. All the controls seem to be working just fine, there's just no sound.

Any ideas? Did something on a circuit board die? Or am I being stupid and overlooking something?
Last edited by Dagwood on 05 Sep 2016, 03:34, edited 1 time in total.
Dagwood

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Electro 3 - NO output

Sponsor

Re: Electro 3 - NO output

Postby pablomastodon » 05 Sep 2016, 15:03

Hi Dagwood,

This one sounds pretty weird and I'm not sure what's going on there... Had you started to disconnect things, and then reconnect them? Any pedals connected?

Where in the US are you located? Please contact me via my regular work contacts and I may be able to help you with a referral.

Bless, Pablo
Nord Tech Support Canada/USA
pablo.mastodon@americanmusicandsound.com
800-884-4984 x3030
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Re: Electro 3 - NO output

Postby Dagwood » 05 Sep 2016, 21:28

No, I simply pressed the power button to turn it off, then pressed it again to turn it back on. Yes, I did heave three pedals connected, volume, rotor (button) and sustain.

I'm in Sacramento, California.

I'll send you an email -- thanks, Pablo!
Dagwood

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Return to Nord Electro Forum