Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

riders on the storm, e-piano setting

Postby MachoMacho » 26 Aug 2016, 09:57

Hello,
new to this forum. Im here from times to times to read intresting threads. Now im opening one myself because Tomorrow i am playing on a wedding for a friend. I have the task to play the marching in tune, and i am playing riders on the storm from the doors with my nord electro 5 over a fender amp. Id like to come closest to the original sound from the song, so maybe someone has good settings for it? i am always adding a little bit of delay, hall and put treble high for this high intro tune. Not sure if theres chorus on it or sth else; i know i could just play it how i like, but maybe there is a better setting for this?
sorry for my bad english,

regards
MachoMacho

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

riders on the storm, e-piano setting

Sponsor

Re: riders on the storm, e-piano setting

Postby venro » 26 Aug 2016, 11:24

In my band(s) I play Riders with the standard EPIano 4 Mk V. Sprk/Comb with JC and Small on and a little delay. Reverb on room and EQ on. On this forum under sounds you will find some storm and rain to use on the most left split lower part on the C.
venro

Postby MachoMacho » 26 Aug 2016, 11:40

thx for ur answer, i will try it out; what do u mean with "eq on", what are ur settings then?
MachoMacho

Postby venro » 26 Aug 2016, 12:25

EQ is the equalizer (under effects) to boost the sound of the upper or lower part or both. Just experiment.
venro

Postby AinTziLLo » 26 Aug 2016, 12:40

I would suggest you use a little tremolo effect to make the sound "warmer"... ;-)
My setup:
Korg SV1 BK73 - Numa Organ 2 - Nord Lead A1 - Novation Bass Station II - Ibanez SR1005EFN - Armon P300 - FBT ProMaxx 12A - Proel Tube100USB - Ibanez SB7 & AP7 - Boutique Overdrive & Crunch - Reference Laboratory cables
AinTziLLo
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord Electro Forum