This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

looking for nord-authorized repair in central pennsylvania

Postby ptronius » 10 Aug 2016, 00:35

Like the subject says, I'm looking for a Nord-authorized repair center in central pennsylvania. I bought a Stage2 EX Compact about six months ago in NYC, and the synth section sounds like it has a problem. Anyone know where I can take it for evaluation/repair?

Thanks in advance...
ptronius

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

looking for nord-authorized repair in central pennsylvania

Sponsor

Re: looking for nord-authorized repair in central pennsylvan

Postby pablomastodon » 10 Aug 2016, 06:30

Hi ptronius,

I am your tech support rep in the USA. You are invited to contact me via my regular work contacts as shown below.

What kind(s) of sounds are coming from the Synth Section which cause you to think this? Is this on all programs, or just some?

Bless, Pablo
pablo.mastodon@americanmusicandsound.com
800-994-4984 x3030
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby ptronius » 10 Aug 2016, 23:45

Actually, now that I've done some experimenting to try to determine what exactly is going on, I'm pretty sure this is a user-education issue. :wtf: The synth program where I first noticed the issue had the LFO set to its lowest rate which was causing a 34-second resonance decay on the source sound and then resetting. I'm playing around with it now, trying to figure out how to maintain a consistent sound, and in doing so my mind is exploding with all the capability I am discovering.

Are there any decent tutorials you can suggest for learning how to effectively use the synth section? I suspect I could spend months and still not understand all that is possible with that 8" x 5" section on my front panel, and the user manual is pretty basic. I fear that I am torturing all the neighborhood dogs with some of the sounds I am producing. :roll:
ptronius

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX

Postby pablomastodon » 11 Aug 2016, 00:05

note that Mod Env can also sneak some audio surprises into your sound under certain settings.

Bless, Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to General Nord Forum