General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

No Sound/Died

Postby Falcon2e » 12 Jun 2016, 15:59

Hey everyone, Played a gig this weekend with the three year old NS2. It's worked perfectly until Saturday night. I was playing a piano patch both times it quit. All the panel lights were lit as normal. I tried changing patches, still looked normal but no sound. I wiggled the cable..nothing. After the second reboot, and wiggling cable the seemed to be back to normal. About 1/2 hour later, it died again. After another reboot, and I changed from Ch2 out to Ch1 out, it worked flawlessly for the last set.

Today at home I've tried to replicate the fault but can't. Reasoning would be hardware output issue with the NS, bad cable, or amp input fault. BTW the amp is an EV ZLX P15. I'm using both inputs on the monitor. One for the Nord, the other for my K2. The Korg continued to play during the Nords dead time.

I have a feeling this might be a tough one to figure out until it happens again. Any ideas?
Falcon2e

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

No Sound/Died

Sponsor

Re: No Sound/Died

Postby ericL » 12 Jun 2016, 18:43

Maybe a fuse issue?
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.
ericL
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Mr_-G- » 12 Jun 2016, 20:54

I doubt that could be the cable or the fuse. If they fail, the power goes off but the reported problem is that the OS freezes.
Mr_-G-

Postby Falcon2e » 12 Jun 2016, 23:08

Thanks guys, BUT if the fuse pops, nothing will work again until it has been replaced. I'll report back if I find something. Still scratching my head. Hi Pablo :) Hope you are OK after the bad weather blew through Tampa.

The author Falcon2e was thanked by:
pablomastodon
Falcon2e

Postby NorfolkPaul » 12 Jun 2016, 23:26

I had problem with Outputs 1 & 2 failing, which was intermittent for a short time before it became a constant fault. I wonder if your's is the same issue. Outputs 3 & 4 worked fortunately, so at the gig I routed everything that way. As the Stage2 was quite new (less than 2 months old actually) it was fixed under warranty and was reported back as a failed output module.

https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-stage-forum-f3/no-sound-from-outputs-1-2-t8293.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current: Nord Stage 3 Compact, Hammond SK1 61
Previous: Nord Stage 2 SW73
NorfolkPaul

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby Falcon2e » 09 Aug 2016, 17:50

Hey guys...I want to give you an update on my issue. It's been about 2 months since my problem and post. With some fantastic help from Pablo (he suggested some internal cleaning and checking ribbon cables) the NS2 has been working perfectly. I wouldn't have opened it up if it was still in warranty. Use caution if you go in!!

The author Falcon2e was thanked by 2 members, including:
pablomastodonMr_-G-
Falcon2e

Return to Nord Stage Forum