The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

C2D -> 11-pin -> Leslie bugs?

Postby mabla » 26 Jun 2016, 16:21

Hi,
I want to use my new Leslie 147 in a mode that C2D (FW ver. 1.12) offers; STOP/SLOW/FAST. Editing 147 is not a problem. The problem is in C2D:
1) 11-pin connector documentation is missing in the manual.
2) Why C2D allows you to change the SLOW/FAST in STOP mode? SLOW/FAST should really be in STOP mode inactive, including LEDs! ..or?
3) I measure and I found that C2D outputs the 11-pin connector erroneous values:
About Leslie mode should give information on pin7 and pin8 (towards ground - pin 2 to 5).
Mode STOP/SLOW - pin7 = OPEN, pin8 = OPEN
Mode STOP/FAST - pin7 = CLOSE (? Why), pin8 = OPEN
Mode ON/SLOW - pin7 = OPEN, pin8 = CLOSE
Mode ON/FAST - pin7 = CLOSE, pin8 = OPEN
It is unfortunately bungled logic, because you can not distinguish mode STOP/FAST and ON/FAST.
It would be possible for anyone from Nord added on manual documentation connector Leslie 11-pin and fixed firmware so that it is possible to distinguish between modes?:
pin A = STOP/ON, pin B = SLOW/FAST
or
pin A = SLOW OFF/SLOW ON, pin B = FAST OFF/FAST ON

Or does someone have any knowledge as possible of the 11-pin connector of these all three modes operate?
Thank you
Marek
mabla

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

C2D -> 11-pin -> Leslie bugs?

Sponsor

Re: C2D -> 11-pin -> Leslie bugs?

Postby Bjosko » 08 Jul 2016, 23:04

I do not have so much to contribute, else that a Original Leslie 147 do not have a stop function as standard without modifications on the Leslie.
I was using one myself sometimes on my older C1, but it have a lower High Level Output (10 V RMS against your 14 V RMS), so I was missing some volume. I do not use the 11 pin, my speedswitching on this hookup are on a pedal.
I jumped over to a Neo Ventilator that did the trick, and are compatible with Nord's original half moon switch.
But, nothing beats the real Leslie.

You are writing your new Leslie, I do not know if it differ from a older model like my own (1972), but I still do not think it have a stop mode as standard.

Your Nord are using a 11 pin standard connection, see the pinout here : http://mosweb.federalproductions.com/kn ... nout-data/
What's not clear in Nord's manual, are if the high level output are present in the 11 pin connector or you also need to use the High level output, as your 147 need to see a hot output to make any sound.

Your Leslie are using a 6 pin connector. Normally, you might need a Leslie Connector adapter like this, perhaps http://hammondorganco.com/products/acce ... 7a-leslie/
On the older 147 model, you are sending 115 or 230 volt over the speed switch, i doubt the Nord are designed for that.

My best bet are to ask over at The Organ Forum http://www.organforum.com if no one chime in here, there are a bunch of great and helpful people over there.
/Bjørn
Bjosko

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Postby mabla » 09 Jul 2016, 01:09

There is really not problem on side of Leslie: (It is not big electronical problem to modify Leslie 147 to functions STOP/SLOW/FAST = one relais more).
The problem is on side C2D: The electrical information about rotation speed on two pins (pin 7 & pin 8) of 11-pin Leslie connector is wrong:
A) In Mode SLOW is pin7 = OPEN, pin8 = CLOSE - it is correct - active pin 8
B) In Mode FAST is pin7 = CLOSE, pin8 = OPEN - it is also correct - active pin 7
but:
C) In Mode STOP should be both pins in a state of OPEN but if you have FAST and go to STOP you receive also pin7 = CLOSE (? Why), pin8 = OPEN. So the states same as B)
So you can not distinguish between the modes B (FAST) and C (STOP). Its first bug.
The second bug (?) is in controll C2D. Why is active switch SLOW / FAST in Mode STOP?? In this state should be inactive the speed selection - both buttons and LEDs and also both pins 7 & 8.
Its matter for Nord and not for the organforum :-)
Thx
Marek
Last edited by mabla on 09 Jul 2016, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.
mabla

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby maxpiano » 09 Jul 2016, 09:19

I suggest you contact directly the Nord support thorugh the official website form, then.
Last edited by maxpiano on 09 Jul 2016, 09:20, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum