This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

MPC & nord wave

Postby soliatera » 24 Jun 2016, 20:21

So m question is regarding the wave's bi-timbral function. what im trying to do is play each of the nords slots seperately via midi. i have slot a set to midi chan 1 and b set to chan 2 . the issue im having is that the wave is only playing one but not both at the same time even if i send it data while slot b is plaing it will only play b and not A &B. what am i doing wrong?

do some parches require both slots to use?
is there seprate mode like on the lead series for playing mulitple patches at once?
soliatera

MPC & nord wave

Sponsor

Re: MPC & nord wave

Postby pablomastodon » 24 Jun 2016, 22:26

No, there is ino separate mode like on the Lead series. Each program on the Wave will necessarily contain settings for both slots A & B. Thus, it is not possible to "load a program into a slot." Slots are composite parts of programs. What global channel are you using? It is hard to know what you are doing wrong if we do not have a complete picture of what you are doing...

bless, pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby soliatera » 24 Jun 2016, 23:14

currently its in bi-timblar mode after playing with it for awhile i figured it that patchs are global out but please if you have another advice continue

so basically though a and b slot are one complete patch correct?
Last edited by soliatera on 24 Jun 2016, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
soliatera

Postby pablomastodon » 25 Jun 2016, 23:44

each program contains all settings for both Slots A & B, yes
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Kayj_prod » 26 Jun 2016, 21:30

Here is my take on your question:
You can play each slot separately via a controller, but you can't load up one program on slot A then another on slot B. For example, I have some programs where slot A might be a brass patch and slot B might be a string pad patch. I use my Nord Stage as a controller and from there I can use external mode sending out over say MIDI channel 2 to just play the string pad. If I then play on the Wave itself, (if both slots are active), I will be playing both brass and string, or indeed I could just have slot A active just to play brass on the wave.
Nord Stage Classic, Nord Stage 2 88, Nord Wave
Kayj_prod

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby soliatera » 28 Jun 2016, 04:10

Kayj_prod wrote:Here is my take on your question:
You can play each slot separately via a controller, but you can't load up one program on slot A then another on slot B. For example, I have some programs where slot A might be a brass patch and slot B might be a string pad patch. I use my Nord Stage as a controller and from there I can use external mode sending out over say MIDI channel 2 to just play the string pad. If I then play on the Wave itself, (if both slots are active), I will be playing both brass and string, or indeed I could just have slot A active just to play brass on the wave.

thank you that was very clear and was exactly what i was asking
soliatera

Return to General Nord Forum