Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Re: MIDI Time clock

Postby maurizio » 16 Jun 2016, 09:53

pablomastodon wrote:No Nord instruments generate clock -- except modulars, of course.

Sorry, a delayed answer.

Yes, i know :->.

It was a suggestion/feature request; the reason is that there are some changes in the market that make generating MTC from a keyboard interesting, for the same reason
the NL4 and NLA1 provide a master clock.

There are a number of effects pedal now that can synchronise to MTC, but cannot generate it, like the Ditto X4 looper (just bought :), some of the TC Electronics delay, the Strymon Timeline,
and a few others; only a few other ones can generate MTC.

This stuff is well adapted to be used in a live settings, without a "traditional" MTC source, like a computer, sequencer or a drum machine; in this setup, it would make
a lot of sense to synchronise this kind of gear to the keyboard master clock, without introducing in the setup some artificial means of generating a common midi time clock.

Should i send this message to the Nord support :-> ?

Maurizio
MODX7, Nord Wave 2, Hammond Pro 44H, too many plugins.
maurizio

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2

Sponsor

Postby Duplobaustein » 19 Jun 2016, 22:22

Definitely. There is a feedback form on the website.
Duplobaustein

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1

Postby maurizio » 20 Jun 2016, 11:57

Duplobaustein wrote:Definitely. There is a feedback form on the website.

Done: i actually integrated in the same feedback the proposition to store the Master clock in a performance discussed recently in an other thread.
The point is actually the same: if you have a setup that do not include a DAW/sequencer/drum machine, and where you use the NL as rhythm master,
you need both, master clock in a performance *and* MTC out to control external equipment.

OK, it is just a feature request, i know that its inclusion in real stuff is subject to the few hundreds compromise that any hardware/software project
must take in account :->

Maurizio
MODX7, Nord Wave 2, Hammond Pro 44H, too many plugins.
maurizio

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2

Previous

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum