Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

New A1 help

Postby maestroman » 11 May 2016, 11:58

Hi All. New to this Forum. Have used C2 before and love it. Just purchased the A1. I'm hoping to play it at the weekend. Not sure I will have time to programme it. Does anyone have a patch recommendation for Don Henley's 'The Boys of Summer' and Killers' 'Human' on this synth please?

Thank you
maestroman

New A1 help

Sponsor

Re: New A1 help

Postby pablomastodon » 11 May 2016, 20:36

:facepalm:
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun

The author pablomastodon was thanked by:
Marlowes
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby shark » 12 May 2016, 08:49

Well maestroman, I must sympathize.
Not all musicians were born programmers and unfortunately the A1 comes preloaded with lots of burps and farts and not many useful musical patches. I know Pablo thinks we should all make our own patches, I tried but the results were not "professional" enough to be used.
Hang in there; people with programming talent and generosity are out there and slowly patches are becoming available on this site. Also check out Nord's Lead webpage there are some samples there too, unfortunately you'll have to load them all into your machine and try them out before deciding whether they're just more burps or actual musical patches.
Last edited by shark on 12 May 2016, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.
shark
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Postby pablomastodon » 17 May 2016, 07:45

it's not true that I think that we should all make our own patches, and I'm not a pro programmer either, but I do think that we should all at least TRY, no?
this is how we learn the intricacies of the instruments, and there is always more to learn

when one sees:

1) just joined this forum same day
2) first post
3) just bought the instrument
4) "not sure I will have time to programme it"

what must one think?

Perhaps it's the way my brain is wired, but when I am in that situation I will find/make time to try on my own, or perhaps scratch those two tunes from the setlist until I've done my homework, or (perish the thought) use a synth voice which does not 100% perfectly match the original record and trust I will be forgiven for the heresy until such time as I can correct it

I thought the faceplant was admirably restrained -- and note that our resident #2 NLA1 expert apparently agreed with the sentiment (sorry Marlowes, but even though your enthusiasm is unmatched, I gotta give Kroffe the #1 spot)
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun

The author pablomastodon was thanked by:
Marlowes
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Postby shark » 17 May 2016, 08:47

Granted, but the main purpose of this forum is primarily to help each other out. The first answer to maestroman's very first post may not have been the most welcoming one. Just sayin'...
:keyboard2:
Last edited by shark on 17 May 2016, 11:03, edited 2 times in total.
shark
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Postby pablomastodon » 17 May 2016, 17:39

I always like to say that this forum is populated with many friendly and helpful people and this is generally true. When I see someone putting in effort, there is no end to the amount of help I am happy to offer. Many, many people know that I am VERY generous with my time when it comes to helping out people interested in Nord. But when someone asking for help says that she/he doesn't have time for something, I feel like I have just been told that my time, and that of every other member of the forum, is somehow less valuable than the time of the person doing the asking. Not the best way to begin a new relationship, with an umbrella insult. No doubt, the OP did not intend to insult all forum members, so I kept my mouth shut at first and did the faceplant thing instead.
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum