Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Mute or choke group possible, maybe workaround?

Postby Cedar » 14 Apr 2016, 14:27

Hi there,

I`m trying to get my Electro 3 w/ the Sample Editor (all latest OS) to create mute groups or alike.

I need to supply a floorboard sampler system for a guitarist, he needs to trigger very long samples that get suddenly cut off by another sample or silence. I usually would work with mute groups or choke groups. Is that possible with the system named above? Instead of muting/choking it would also be an option to toggle sample play – press for start, release. Press again for stop. It is no option to keep the pedal pressed all the time.

Maybe there is a workaround by reducing the voices in the program to 1?

Anybody any idea? I mean, instead of having to use a sw-system…

Cheers,
Nick
Cedar

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Mute or choke group possible, maybe workaround?

Sponsor

Re: Mute or choke group possible, maybe workaround?

Postby pablomastodon » 15 Apr 2016, 01:15

Just FYI, on NS2 platform there are two things in the synth section which make this easy, but which do not exist on NE3: 1) hold button, and 2) Mono/Legato Mode. That allows one to create a single sample with many different longer samples, each of which would continue to play indefinitely until another note played, and which would prevent more than one from playing at the same time.

On an NE3 it may (?) be possible to do this by creating a different .nsmp file for each individual sample, install them into separate programs, lock down the sustain pedal, and use PGM CHG messages to switch from sample to sample. If there is timing involved in this (samples have tempo'd beat which needs to be smooth from transition to transition), I'd be surprised if that would work well.

Perhaps possible to do this within a single sample on NE3 with little midi data strings. Pedal A would send particular Note On, then pedal B send All Notes Off and then another particular Note On, etc. Few devices are capable of sending Note On without having a Note Off in the picture somehow, but for Lake Butler RFC-1 this is child's play. If youre pedal device cannot do this, you might work some Sustped cc messages into there to accomplish the same thing.

Interesting project...

bless,

pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby maxpiano » 15 Apr 2016, 09:45

I would rather get an Akai MPx8 or MPx16 to do that job, the sample handling capabilities on Nords are not oriented to that type of usage, particularly on Electros.
Last edited by maxpiano on 15 Apr 2016, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby pablomastodon » 15 Apr 2016, 15:54

Very true, Max. Always better to use a tool which has been designed for the intended job than to try to twist and bend the wrong tool. My suggestions above fall more along the lines of intellectual exercise than practical solution.

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun

The author pablomastodon was thanked by:
maxpiano
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)