This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Not very technical human being needs help with saving sounds

Postby Schnooosen » 12 Apr 2016, 22:58

I'm aware of the fact that this might sound a bit... odd, but here's the thing: I've had my electro 4 hp for almost three years, and I've had some really good times with it, but I've never had to save any of my own sounds. Until now. And I'm not at all sure how it should be done. As I'm pretty sure this won't be the last time I do this, I want to get it right from the start. So, anyone with the patience of an angel who can help me with my questions? For my sake, please keep in mind that I'm very good at other things ;) Like playing the damn piano. This technical stuff I enjoy when I know how to do it ;)

1. I guess you're supposed to save the sounds in the banks, right? But, what about the sounds that are already there? Some of them I don't know if I can manage to create myself if I realise later that "damn, I needed that one but now I've occupied that spot with just another electric piano I wanted some more chorus on". Or maybe I can. But, should I be afraid to overwrite the sounds that are already there?

2. Well, next step I think should be: how do I want to organize my sounds in the bank? Are there some extra clever ways of doing that? I have an idea that it might be good to keep my favorite basic sounds (like my organs of choice) in bank 1. And then maybe the sounds for the show I'm working on at the moment in bank 2. Or is it wiser to save the latter as live sounds? Or should I save them both ways? Does this seem like a system that could work or is there something I've misunderstood?

Well, as you can see, I have a lot to learn! Hope there is someone willing to teach me! Your reward: my eternal gratitude :D
Last edited by Schnooosen on 12 Apr 2016, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
Schnooosen

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Not very technical human being needs help with saving sounds

Sponsor

Re: Not very technical human being needs help with saving so

Postby Jon Lukas » 14 Apr 2016, 17:08

Have you dowloaded the Nord Sound Manager for your computer? That will help you see all the sounds on your keyboard, let you name them and move them around. You can also back up all the sounds before making any changes so you can change your mind and revert back.

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/downloads/ ... nd-manager
Nord Piano 5-73, Omnisphere, NI Komplete, Logic Pro.
Electro-jazz chill: http://echofabric.com

The author Jon Lukas was thanked by:
Schnooosen
Jon Lukas

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

Return to General Nord Forum