Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

Converting Ableton .adg files into Nord .nsmp files

Postby hl1982 » 13 Apr 2016, 19:34

Hello - I've recently purchased a Nord Piano 2.

I've been using Ableton Live 9 as my DAW for a couple of years now and have a load of nice sampled instruments on there that I play through a midi keyboard. These are all in Ableton's .adg file.

Now I don't know a huge amount about how these sampled instruments work, but it seems to me that these are all already nicely recorded and mapped to notes throughout the keyboards, so it would be great if I could just transfer these to my Piano 2 somehow and play them over there. Any ideas on the best way to do that? Could the .adg files simply be converted .nsmp files somehow?

Cheers. H

:keyboard:
hl1982

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Converting Ableton .adg files into Nord .nsmp files

Sponsor

Re: Converting Ableton .adg files into Nord .nsmp files

Postby pablomastodon » 13 Apr 2016, 22:50

Nord's .nsmp file format is proprietary. Nord provides freeware, Nord Sample Editor, with which one can author one's own .nsmp files. This software requires .wav files for input. If your .adg files can be converted into .wav files, then you are home free. If not, you'll need to manually sample them.

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)