Present yourself, your keyboard rig and your music, including links to your myspace, band websites, competitions etc.

My Gear

Postby Gustavo » 02 Apr 2016, 22:06

So it's been quite a while since I posted a picture of my current setup, so here it is!!

IMG-20160402-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20160402-WA0015.jpg (178.22 KiB) Viewed 2607 times

I have been playing around with it for some weeks, but this is the way that it works the best.

The stand is a K&M Spider Pro with 4 arms, where only the bottom one is horizontal, the rest are tilted. I put my most used one on the bottom, my NS2. Then I put the Korg M50 green and on thop the Pro 2 so I can edit it while standing and the panel is not obstructed. All of these are wired in Stereo to my Zoom UAC-8. They also receive MIDI from the Zoom using a MIDI Solutions Quad Thru that is taped underneath the Korg M50. This way, I can sequence and record each of them with REAPER.

All other keyboards are not connected. That is because I only have 2 channels left in my audio interface. I put the mini keyboards on top, they are a MicroKorg XL+ (great for vocoder and pads) and a Yamaha Reface CP, which I mostly use with bateries and its internal speaker to mess around. I truly recommend the CP, it sounds amazing for the size and price.

On a music stand, I have my Kaossilator Pro and my Volcas. Lately though, I have only been using the Volca Sample for drums. All the Volcas have batteries and mostly use them to mess around.

And last but definitely not least, my most recent acquisition: a Moog Minimoog Voyager Lunar White Special Edition on a Hercules X Stand. I have just started to experiment and get to know this one. Unfortunately, the envelope generators have a fault and the Decay does not work, so they are working like ASR instead of ADSR. Still, physically it's almost like new, but I hope Moog eventually responds my questions and helps me fix this.

For amplification I am using my trusty EV ELXP 112-P and on my computer (which is on the opposite side of the Moog) I use my Event Alp 5, although I might change these since they are starting to show some wear on the woofers.

Almost all my cables are Hosa, they have been great and they are not very expensive. My Nord though, is using Mogami gold cables. IMHO the difference is in build quality, but not in sound.

So there you go! If you guys have any question or suggestion please don't hesitate to respond! :keyboard:
Last edited by Gustavo on 02 Apr 2016, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
Synths: Nord Stage 2 SW, Nord Lead 4R, Vintage Vibe 64 Active, Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2, Minimoog Voyager, Prophet 6, Korg Volcas
Stand: K&M Spider Pro and Hercules X Stands
Recording: Zoom UAC-8
Speakers: EV ELXP 112-P, Event Alp 5
Gustavo
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

My Gear

Sponsor

Re: My Gear

Postby Quai34 » 02 Apr 2016, 23:00

HAAAAAA, Great!!! Finally....
Now we see what you have and not only guessing with your signature and photo....
Nice set up but are you able to play seated with your 3 first keyboards with this set up? The Pro one seems to be quite hight for a seated position?
And how do you access all your Korg and volcas?
Did you try a L set up with both polyphonic keys at the bottom? This is what I would have done :
1) Left
Stage 2, on top of it Pro One and then Yamaha reface and microkorg
2) Right
Korg M50, on top of it Voyager, then, with a third tier stand that could have 6 little support you could have your volcas on top
So, all will be accessible when playing.....
Ok, I know that I tried to have a "live" set up with all the keys at hand distance but....
Anyway, it's a very nice set up anyway, congrats
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.

The author Quai34 was thanked by:
Gustavo
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby Marlowes » 03 Apr 2016, 10:34

Great! :thumbup:
NE3HP, NP88, NS2, DPP1, NL2X, NL2X, NLA1, NL4, NE5D, NW2 (Collect Them All?), some classic Rolands, Arturias, a Waldorf, a Kurz, a WONOK3, a pile of guitars, a P-bass, loopers, amps and computers ...
I'm a gearslut! :oops:
Marlowes
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Postby Gustavo » 03 Apr 2016, 22:27

Quai34 wrote:HAAAAAA, Great!!! Finally....
Now we see what you have and not only guessing with your signature and photo....
Nice set up but are you able to play seated with your 3 first keyboards with this set up? The Pro one seems to be quite hight for a seated position?
And how do you access all your Korg and volcas?
Did you try a L set up with both polyphonic keys at the bottom? This is what I would have done :
1) Left
Stage 2, on top of it Pro One and then Yamaha reface and microkorg
2) Right
Korg M50, on top of it Voyager, then, with a third tier stand that could have 6 little support you could have your volcas on top
So, all will be accessible when playing.....
Ok, I know that I tried to have a "live" set up with all the keys at hand distance but....
Anyway, it's a very nice set up anyway, congrats

I am able to play the Pro 2 while seated. I was thinking about buying a K&M Omega with the second tier to do what you suggest! I just found out yesterday that I can order those online, so I will do so.
Synths: Nord Stage 2 SW, Nord Lead 4R, Vintage Vibe 64 Active, Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2, Minimoog Voyager, Prophet 6, Korg Volcas
Stand: K&M Spider Pro and Hercules X Stands
Recording: Zoom UAC-8
Speakers: EV ELXP 112-P, Event Alp 5
Gustavo
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby AinTziLLo » 03 Apr 2016, 23:20

...great!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

:keyboard: :keyboard2:
My setup:
Korg SV1 BK73 - Numa Organ 2 - Nord Lead A1 - Novation Bass Station II - Ibanez SR1005EFN - Armon P300 - FBT ProMaxx 12A - Proel Tube100USB - Ibanez SB7 & AP7 - Boutique Overdrive & Crunch - Reference Laboratory cables
AinTziLLo
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead A1
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Your Music & Keyboard Rig